11.09.2016 by MCoC Team
CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – MORDO
Mordo enters The Contest November 10th at 10AM PDT!
An advanced student of the mystic arts and fellow pupil of The Ancient One, Mordo saw the potential in the fledgling apprentice Stephen Strange and took him under his wing when the one-time neurosurgeon first sought healing. Like Strange, Mordo came to Kamar-Taj lost and broken. The Ancient One helped channel Mordo’s anger and led him down the path to enlightenment. While Mordo sees a bit of himself in Strange, his reason for vetting him is much shrewder – in the fight against unknowable darkness, Kamar-Taj needs all the help it can muster.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Health: 15,660
- Attack: 1,148
- Base Max PI: 3,621
- Signature Max PI: 4,570
Basic Abilities: Degeneration, Mirror Dimension, Soul Barb
- Mordo’s astral form ensures that every ability properly activates, resisting against Ability Accuracy effects.
- Mordo gets one bar of Power over 5 seconds, every 8 seconds. Opponents can interrupt the Power Gain when landing a hit on Mordo.
- Even while Stunned, Mordo’s astral form senses incoming non-special attacks and quickly counter-attacks, inflicting Degeneration for 75% of your attack as direct damage over 2.5 seconds.
- Mordo gains 16.6% of max power per second while below 1 power bar.
- Exponentially gains up to 10 Fury stacks while charging a Heavy Attack, each charge increases his Attack by 15% for 12 seconds.
- After holding Block for 0.5 seconds, Mordo can block unblockable special attacks.
Special 1: Energy Blast – Mordo launches an energy blast designed to use the attacker’s energy against themselves.
- 30% Chance to Stun for 3 seconds.
- Causes Degeneration, inflicting 75% of your Attack as Direct Damage over 2.5 seconds. If the opponent has a Buff, Degeneration will activate even after a successful Block.
Special 2: Astral Strike – Combining martial arts and black magic, Mordo strikes his opponent, causing them to momentarily have an out of body experience.
- Opponents suffer from Mordo’s Soul Barb spell for 14 seconds, 10% of your Attack per opponent Buff as Energy Damage. Additionally, Soul Barb reduces Health Recovery by 70%.
Special 3: Mirror Realm – Upon entering the Mirror Realm, Mordo is able to access all of his powers, shaping reality and catching the opponent off-guard right before the tendrils of an unidentified transdimensional beast drags them into a nightmare.
- Gains 3 stacks of Fury, each increasing his Attack by 43% for 12 seconds.
- Up to 40% chance based on Health lost to Regen instead of gaining a Fury stack, Recovering 14% Health over 6 seconds.
Signature Ability – Mystical Barrier: By conjuring a magical barrier, Mordo Resists 80% of any Energy Damage attacks and debuffs.
- Doctor Strange – Friends
- Abomination – Enemies
Mordo will synergize with 3 other Champions after November 18th.
Enhanced & Extended Fury: Mordo relies on his Fury effects on his Heavy Attacks and Special 3 to do a lot of damage. Fury and attack enhancing masteries are a clear win for this Champion.
Recovery: His Special 3 has the chance to trigger Regeneration Buffs. Enhance it for maximum potential.
Parry & Stupefy: Players need to charge Heavy Attacks in order to get Fury stacks and Power. Stunning the opponent makes it an easier task.
- Magik, Magneto, Doctor Strange – Mystical Barrier Signature Ability allows him to drastically reduce incoming Energy Damage while he is Blocking. Champions that rely on Energy Debuffs or Attacks are going to have a hard time against Mordo.
- Black Widow – Mordo’s astral form ensures that every ability properly activates, meaning you can use Parry against Black Widow in Alliance Wars.
- Stun immunity nodes – Mordo relies on Stuns to be able to charge Heavy Attacks to get Power and Fury stacks. Not being able to use Parry or his Special 1 to stun is a big disadvantage.