CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – ANGELA
ANGELA has been updated in Marvel Contest of Champions! Learn more about her updates here:
Leader of the Hunt, Guardian of the Galaxy, Queen of Hel, Angel, Goddess. Angela is a woman of many titles. Born Aldrif Odinsdottir, the first child of Freyja and Odin, but raised as Angela by Loriel, handmaiden to the Queen of Angels, she has battled her way across the Galaxy. Now Angela has come to the Contest, perhaps the greatest challenge of martial skill and strength to be found in the Nine Realms, and beyond.
Base Stats & Abilities:
*All stats based on 5 Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Health: 27740
- Attack: 2392
- Max PI:
- With Signature (99): 10460
Basic Abilities: Fury, Armor Up, Precision, Armor Break
Blocking – Fighting Non-Mystic Champions
- Advanced training allows Angela to Parry Non-Contact attacks.
- For each 10% of Max Health taken in damage, gain an indefinite Resilience Charge.
- When below Max Health, if Angela does not have a Regeneration Buff, she converts 1 Resilience Charge into a Regeneration Buff, healing 1387 Health over 10 seconds.
Indefinite Huntress Buff – Always Active
- Angela gains an indefinite Buff based on her current Power Level.
- Below 1 Bar: Armor Up, granting +900 Armor Rating.
- Between 1 and 2 Bars: Fury, granting +2033.2 Attack Rating.
- Between 2 and 3 Bars: Precision, granting +2100 Critical Rating.
- 3 Bars: Aptitude, increasing the Potency of all Fury, Armor Up and Precision Buffs by 60%.
Temporary Huntress Buffs – Critical Hits
- 100% chance to duplicate the current, indefinite Huntress Buff. This duplicated Buff lasts 15 seconds. A maximum of 1 of each type of Huntress Buff may be duplicated at a time.
- This attack receives +2100 Critical Rating.
- Angela’s terrifying aura inflicts 1 Armor Break Debuff on the opponent for each Buff on Angela, removing an Armor Up Buff and reducing Armor Rating by 233.33 for 7 seconds.
- 100% chance to gain a Fury Buff for 5 seconds, granting 2033.2 Attack.
- This Fury Buff instead lasts 20 seconds if Angela already had a Fury Buff active on herself.
- 100% chance to gain an Armor Up Buff for 5 seconds, granting +900 Armor Rating.
- This Armor Up Buff instead lasts 20 seconds if Angela already had an Armor Up Buff active on herself.
- 100% chance to gain an Aptitude Buff, increasing the potency of Armor, Fury, and Precision Buffs by 60% lasting for 5 seconds.
- This Aptitude Buff instead lasts 30 Seconds if Angela already already had an Aptitude Buff active on herself.
- Angela’s Attack Rating is increased by +1196 for each Buff active on her during the attack.
Signature Ability – Battle Focus
- For each Buff on Angela, her opponent suffers the following:
- -35.05% Nullify & Auto-Block Ability Accuracy.
- -35.05% Damaging Debuff Duration.
- Rocket Raccoon or Star-Lord – Friends – (All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating)
- Gamora or Groot – Friends – (All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating)
- Thor – Family – (All Champions gain +6% Health)
- Loki – Family – (All Champions gain +6% Health)
- Angela’s Resilience ability allows her to Regenerate a portion of the damage she’s taken this fight. Recovery enhances this Regeneration keeping her in the fight longer.
- Enhanced Fury
- Angela can stack several Furies at the same time, and then increase their effectiveness even further with her Aptitude buffs. Doing so will raise her damage output immensely!
- Angela has the ability to stack several Precision Buffs. This greatly increases her Critical Hit rate, which makes the return for increasing her Critical Damage Rating very high.
- Civil Warrior
- Angela matches up quite well against Civil Warrior. She doesn’t suffer much from reduced Offensive Ability Accuracy, and while the Heal Block can be annoying, she gains much more from the Attack bonus due to Class Advantage.
- Angela gets up and personal with her opponents. Her damage output is all Physical so she doesn’t have to worry about Ultron’s Absorption, and he can’t do anything about her stacking up Buffs.
- Angela’s control over which Buffs she holds allows her to stack most of her damage behind Furies, which allows her to hit hard in spite of Ant-Man’s Pym Gas Control Signature Ability, and Fatigue Debuffs.
- The Hood
- While Angela has very few ranged abilities to worry about Invisibility, it’s The Hood’s Fate Seal she’ll want to avoid. Unlike a regular Nullify ability, her Signature Ability won’t protect her from it.
- Ronan loves attacking Buffed targets, and Angela almost can’t do anything but stack Buffs. If she’s hit by a well timed Ronan Special Attack, she will find herself Stunned for quite some time.
- With no way to prematurely remove Juggernaut’s Unstoppable Buffs, combined with his Class Advantage, Angela can find herself with her back against the wall. To make matters worse, her Signature Ability only triggers against straight up Nullifies, which is no help against Stagger.