CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
Captain America (Infinity War) enters The Contest May 10th at 10AM PDT, but you can add him to your team early by purchasing his Preview Bundle on May 4th at 10AM PDT!
About Captain America (Infinity War):
Since opposing the Sokovia Accords, the super-soldier has lost his shield and been forced
underground. But with the help of friends new and old, he’s managed to re-equip and remain
under the radar; all the while continuing to do what he believes is right — saving the world one
clandestine mission at a time.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Without Signature: 3802
- With Signature (99): 4725
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Without Signature: 7658
- With Signature (200): 10300
Character Class: Science
Basic Abilities: Bleed, Stun, Fury, Kinetic Potential
*All abilities based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
Kinetic Potential – Passive
- Captain America’s vibranium vambraces can store up to 5 Kinetic Potential charges. He will not generate any new Kinetic Potential charges while at this limit.
- 15% Chance when Struck to gain 1 Kinetic Potential.
- 50% Chance when Blocking to gain +1 Kinetic Potential. This chance increases to 100% on a Well Timed Block.
- 100% Chance to gain +1 Kinetic Potential when Stunned.
- Kinetic Potential falls off over time, falling off faster the longer its been since it last increased.
Developer Note: Captain America gains the Kinetic Potential when Stunned after the Stun applies, so he doesn’t auto shrug off all Stuns when combined with his Signature Ability.
Kinetically Charged – Passive
- As long as Captain America has at least 1 Kinetic Potential, he’s is considered to be Kinetically Charged, and gains the following bonuses as Passive effects:
- +574 Attack
- +666 Physical Resist
- +666 Energy Resist
- +30% chance to cause opponent’s attacks to Glance. Glancing Hits cannot be Critical, deal 50% reduced damage, and suffer -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy. This chance increases by 100% against Mystic Champions.
- 100% chance to Nullify Unstoppable Buffs on hit.
Developer Note: These abilities don’t stack, they just turn on as long as Captain America has at least 1 Kinetic Potential charge.
Heavy Attack – Passive
- Beginning to charge a Heavy Attack grants a Passive Fury granting +574 Attack per Kinetic Potential, lasting for 5 seconds.
Developer Note: While this Fury effect is quite short, it triggers as soon as you enter the Heavy Attack animation which means you can cancel the animation into a Special Attack before you land a hit. With good timing, this effectively doubles the attack bonus granted by the Special 2 Attack.
- After any Special Attack, Captain America consumes all Kinetic Potential.
Special 1: My Ally’s Claws – Cap shows his new vibranium hardware is good for offence as well as defence.
- 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 287 Direct Damage over 3.5 seconds.
- Reduces Opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy by 100% if Kinetically Charged.
Developer Note: This Ability Accuracy Reduction applies only to the hits of this Special Attack. Try and use it to push the opponent over specific ability triggers, like Magik’s Limbo.
Special 2: Kinetic Discharge – Smashing together his vambraces Cap unleashes a wave of kinetic energy.
- 100% chance to Stun for 1 second.
- Each Kinetic Potential charge grants +574 Attack and +0.50 second(s) Stun Duration.
Special 3: Lead from the Front – Cap leads by example, sending his enemy crashing to the mat!
- If Kinetically Charged gain +1148 Attack for each different Class on Cap’s team, not including himself, up to 2 Classes.
- Gain 1 Non-Consumable Kinetic Potential charge which lasts 30 seconds.
Developer Note: This allows Cap to have an effective 6 Kinetic Potential charges.
Signature Ability: Leadership – An excellent leader, Captain America learns from his teammates gaining a unique effect, while Kinetically Charged, for each class represented on his team, excluding himself.
- Mutant: 100% chance on triggering a Special Attack to gain +1 Kinetic Potential.
- Skill: 100% chance whenever a Debuff is gained, consume 1 Kinetic Potential to Purify it.
- Science: 100% chance on a Well-Timed Block to place a 10% Weakness Debuff of the Opponent for 10 seconds.
- Mystic: 100% chance to gain 1 Kinetic Potential each time a Buff Expires or is Nullified on the Opponent.
- Cosmic: 100% chance on a Well Timed Block to place an Armor Break Debuff on the Opponent, reducing their Armor by 222 for 10 seconds.
- Tech: 100% chance on a Well Timed Block to place a 25% Petrify Debuff on the Opponent for 10 seconds.
Vision, Vision (Age of Ultron), Iron Man – Tech Breakthrough – Unique Synergy
- Tech Champions drain 100% of the Opponent’s Max Power after the Opponent uses a Special Attack.
Developer Note: The key word here is ‘After’. Basically this drains any left over power from the Opponent after they use a Special Attack. Really good against any node/ability that reduces the cost of Specials Attacks though *cough* Sentinel *cough*.
Wolverine, Storm, Beast – Mutant Evolution – Unique Synergy
- Mutant Champions gain a permanent Passive +20% Prowess.
Developer Note: This does count as an extra Prowess for Bishop, and no he doesn’t consume it when using a Special Attack.
Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor (Ragnarok) – Skill Training – Unique Synergy
- Skill Champions gain +250 Critical Rating on Basic Attacks.
Captain America, Hulk, Hulk (Ragnarok) – Science Experiment – Unique Synergy
- Science Champions place a Passive Weakness on the Opponent reducing their Attack by 50% except while being struck by them.
Developer Note: Slightly tricky wording. Basically this weakness will apply to anything that scales with your opponent’s attack, that doesn’t trigger when they’re landing a hit. So things like Dormammu’s Degeneration, Iceman’s Coldsnap, Mephisto’s Incinerate Aura, Void’s Direct Debuff Damage, etc.
Scarlet Witch, Thor (Jane Foster), Doctor Strange – Mystic Craft – Unique Synergy
- Mystic Champions deal 30% of their Attack as Direct Damage to their Opponent when Nullifying one of their Buffs.
Captain Marvel, Thor, Gamora – Cosmic Power – Unique Synergy
- Cosmic Champions increase their Buff Duration by +25%.
Developer Note: Stacks with Black Bolt’s Cosmic Supremacy Synergy… just sayin’
- With his Signature Ability and the right teammates, Cap is capable of putting a lot of Debuffs on his opponent, allowing him to make great use of this mastery.
- Combining Despair with his natural ability to place Petrify Debuffs on his opponent can make for a powerful combination.
- Cap can do a lot of Stunning, both through Well Timed Blocks, and through his Special 2 Attack. This let’s Cap keep the Petrify effect active for much of the fight.
- Dormammu is a good matchup for Cap, who doesn’t trigger any Buffs naturally, and his Science Experiment Synergy will reduce the damage he takes from Dormammu’s Degeneration if it does trigger.
- As long as Cap can remain Kinetically Charged, he will remove Juggernaut’s unstoppable effects simple by attacking into him.
- Cap’s Petrify Debuffs will help counter both Limbo and Mystic Dispersion. Combine this with his Special 1 Attack’s Ability Accuracy reduction to help prevent Limbo from even triggering in the first place.
- Crossbones’ ability to convert Debuffs into Fury effects, as well as reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy, makes him well equipped to deal with Cap’s Debuffs, reduce the chance of him gaining Kinetic Potential, and triggering his Glance.
- Taskmaster’s ability to resist Debuffs, as well as his Concussions and bonus damage based on Debuffs let him bypass many of Cap’s abilities.
- Rogue’s ability to quickly shrug off Debuffs keeps Captain America from being able to build up multiple stacks of them, and her ability to control when she steals Health or Power let’s her avoid the reduction of Cap’s Petrifies.