CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – CROSSBONES
Once a high-level agent at S.H.I.E.L.D., Brock Rumlow revealed his true colors as an enforcer for HYDRA when the evil agency threatened to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D. from within. Since the climactic battle, the dangerous mercenary now calling himself Crossbones has hidden underground, striking from the shadows and selling his skills to the highest bidder.
Crossbones’ gameplay revolves around stacking up Fury Buffs in place of Critical Hits for high raw damage. Using abilities such as Overrun or Heavy Attacks allow him to upkeep a large number of Fury Buffs at once. His Special attacks help in stacking up Buffs as well as dealing high damage output through Incinerate Debuffs that scale with his Attack Rating. Additionally, while Overrun is active Crossbones gains power at an increased rate to launch his Special Attacks more frequently.
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
(Rank 3, Level 45)
Character Class: Skill
Basic Abilities: Fury, Overrun, Incinerate, Precision
- Great against Hero Characters
- Crossbones gains unique ability bonuses through his [Contempt] mechanic when fighting against #Hero characters
- High Damage Potential
- Having various ways to stack multiple Fury and Precision buffs alongside block proficiency and physical resistance reduction, Crossbones hits harder the longer the fight lasts
- Defensive ability suppression
- Crossbones’ attacks allow him to reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy of the opposition allowing him to bypass abilities such as Evade.
- Buff Reliant
- Crossbones’ damage is heavily reliant on stacking offensive buffs thus abilities like Nullify or Stagger can reduce his overall damage output
- Incinerate Immunity
- Stacking Fury Buffs grants a large damage increase to Crossbones’ Special Attack 2 Incinerate which is cancelled out by any form of Incinerate Immunity.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
Personal Fury Buffs
- Unless otherwise stated, Crossbones’ Fury Buffs grant +1076.4 Attack Rating for 9 seconds. These Fury Buffs gain increased Potency equal to 20% of Crossbones’s Critical Damage Multiplier.
Critical Hit Replacement
- Crossbones’ hydraulic gauntlets prevent him from landing Critical Hits. Whenever he would land one, he instead gains a Fury Buff.
Contempt for Heroes
- While fighting #Hero Champions, Crossbones’ abilities gain special [Contempt] bonuses.
- Reduce the opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy by 20% for each Fury Buff active. [Contempt] Reduction becomes 25% instead.
Overrun – Dash Back and Hold Block for 1.2 Seconds
- Once activated, Overrun remains active for 12 seconds, afterwards, it must go on cooldown for 8 seconds.
- While Active: Clean Hits on the opponent ignore positive Physical Resistance and gain +50% Combat Power Rate.
- On Activation: Refresh the duration of all Personal Fury Buffs and gain 2 new ones. [Contempt] Gain an additional Fury Buff.
- Spend 1 Fury Buff to Pause all remaining Fury Buffs for 5 seconds. If this attack Intercepts the opponent or strikes them while they are recovering from a Special Attack, it does not cost a Fury Buff.
Special Attack 1: Rout
- 100% chance to gain a Fury Buff.
- [Contempt] Gain 2 additional Fury Buff(s).
Special Attack 2: Incendiary Assault
- 100% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff, dealing 2392 Energy Damage over 8 seconds and removing Perfect Block Chance and reducing Block Proficiency by 50%.
- [Contempt] Inflict an additional Incinerate Debuff.
Special Attack 3: Eye for an Eye
- 100% chance to gain a Precision Buff, gaining +700 Critical Rating for 40 seconds.
- [Contempt] Precision Buff becomes Passive and lasts 70 seconds.
Signature Ability – Hydra Training
- Brock Rumlow’s brutal Hydra Training allows him a 90% chance to Purify incoming Debuffs. Each time he does so, he gains a Fury Buff. Chance decreases slightly for consecutive triggers.
NEMESIS with Captain America, Captain America WW2,
Captain America (IW)
- All Champions: +6% Attack Rating.
ENEMIES with Falcon, Black Widow (DO)
- All Champions: +155 Critical Rating.
RIVALS with Winter Soldier, Black Widow
- All Champions: +115 Critical Damage Rating.
HYDRA RECRUITMENT with Red Skull, Punisher 2099
- Mercenary & Villains: +5% Health & +400 Critical Damage Rating.
- Crossbones: [Contempt] Gain Immunity to Nullify & Stagger.
MERCENARY COMPETITION with Hit-Monkey, Yondu, Platinumpool, Nebula
- Mercenary & Villains: +5% Attack Rating & +400 Critical Damage Rating.
- Crossbones: [Contempt] is expanded to include any Non-Villain Champion.
CONTEMPTUOUS HATRED with Mangog
- Mangog: Start the fight with +1 Hatred while fighting #Hero Champions.
- Crossbones: [Contempt] Fury Buffs gain +50% Duration
- Liquid Courage/Double Edge
- Crossbones buff to his purify chance in sig makes him a great user for Liquid Courage and Double Edge, letting him purify the debuffs attached much easier.