CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – CULL OBSIDIAN
Cull Obsidian Enters The Contest May 16th @ 10 AM!
On May 16th 2019 at 10:00 AM PDT, The Contest of Champions welcomes its newest Champion — Cull Obsidian! Read on to learn more about this massive warrior…and don’t forget to check out Cull’s ‘Special Moves’ video.
About Cull Obsidian
A ferocious combatant like few others, Cull Obsidian is always seeking a truly challenging fight to impress his master, Thanos. Wielding his one-of-a-kind multi-tool like chain hammer, Cull tears his opponent’s defenses apart and stops heroes in their tracks. Lord Thanos won’t be stopped so long as his imposing enforcer, Cull, stands by his side ready to strike down any opposition.
Cull Obsidian’s Mechanics
Cull Obsidian is a powerful, bruiser Champion that gets stronger as he wins more and more fights. With ready access to his new Rout Buff, Cull can bypass Auto-Block with ease. Additionally, his new Thanos’s Favor Buffs can provide large, reliable increases to his Attack and overall damage output and staying aggressive can extend their duration to keep the damage high throughout the fight. Gain enough Thanos’ Favor Buffs and he can even gain True Accuracy, allowing him to ignore difficult defensive abilities live Evade and Auto-Block.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
HEALTH: 16,876 ATTACK: 1,227
WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4,776
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3,712
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH: 33,837 ATTACK: 2,459
WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10,450
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7,474
Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Persistent Charge, Thanos’s Favor, Armor Break, Rout, Stun
Missions From Thanos
Cull Obsidian has 3 Missions to complete, which may be done in any order. Each Mission can be completed multiple times and doing so grants 1 Persistent Charge.
- Mission 1: Break their Defenses: Knockout any Champion.
- Mission 2: Crush their Hope: Knockout an Avenger.
- Mission 3: End their Resistance: Knockout a Champion above 95% Health without the Combo Meter resetting during the fight.
Developer Notes: Mission 3 means that Cull’s opponent must begin the fight with 95% or higher health, and Cull cannot lose his combo meter during the fight to gain the Persistent Charge. Also, these Missions may all be completed in the same fight, granting Cull 3 Persistent Charges.
New Rout Buff to bypass Auto-Block
- Cull Obsidian has the option to activate his Rout Buff in order to allow his attacks to ignore Auto-Block effects. This can be used especially well against enemies that have a more reliable Auto-Block effect like Iron Man (Infinity War) as he gets low on health. The bonus Energy Damage is also good to combine with his Thanos’s Favor Buffs.
Parry the “Un-Parry-able”
- Unlike other Champions, Cull Obsidian can use the Parry Mastery against non-contact attacks to help with some of the Champions that can be quite tricky to land a Parry on.
Multiple Ways to Ramp Up Persistent Charge
- Cull Obsidian has a few options when it comes to gaining his Persistent Charges. By using his Solo Synergies he ramps up much more quickly and his Special 1 Attack can be used to protect his combo meter.
- If you’re the type of player who rarely gets hit, you can go all-in on his Solo Synergies and get him to max Persistent Charges in a couple of fights.
Very Buff Reliant
- Between his Thanos’ Favor Buffs and his Rout Buff, Cull Obsidian is very reliant on Buffs to get the most out of his Damage Output. Any Champion that can strip them away quickly will have a much easier time fighting Cull.