CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – DIABLO
An unrivaled alchemist and a member of Spanish nobility, Esteban Corazon de Ablo uses his arcane concoctions to lengthen his life, incinerate his foes and more. Driven by an unending desire to become as powerful as a god, Diablo now finds himself in The Contest hoping to secure the ISO-Sphere for his continued experimentation. Ambition pushes the Spanish nobleman to acquire power at all costs, and very few heroes can, or will, stand in his way.
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
(Rank 3, Level 45)
The King of potions has returned to The Contest with a fresh face! Using his Special 2 and Special 1, combined with Medium 2 and Heavy Attack, stack as many Poisons as you can on the opponent for some massive damage over time! His brand new Pre-fights give Diablo pin-point precision on what kind of utility he needs at the drop of a hat!
Character Class: Mystic
Basic Abilities: Energy Damage, Poison Resistance, Poison, Regeneration
- Poison Damage
- Diablo is going to return to The Contest with some of the best Poison damage in the game! Give him a whirl wherever you might need some on demand Poison damage.
- Stun Immunity
- Dealing with some pesky defensive stuns like Encroaching Stun is a breeze with Diablo’s all new Philosophers mix!
- Poison Immunity
- Tons of Diablo’s kit relies on the ability to apply Poisons, make sure you can!
- Energy Resistance
- The other share of Diablo’s damage comes from Energy Damage. Watch out for opponents with high Energy Resistance.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Diablo’s alchemical self-experimentation grants the following:
- +525 Energy Resistance.
- Incoming Poison effects suffer -100% Potency.
- Basic Attacks deal Energy Damage instead of Physical.
Master Alchemist – Pre-Fight Ability
- In the Pre-Fight Menu, Diablo can add up to 3 Alchemical Ingredients to his Philosopher’s Mix Passive for the fight. He has unlimited Ingredients but can only add 1 of each type to a fight.
- Each unused ingredient type is converted into 2 indefinite Vials of Might during the fight, which grant +131.34 Attack Rating & +10% Poison Potency. Max Stacks: 8.
Dev Notes: Choose whichever utility you need, whenever you want with Diablos new and improved kit!
Philosopher’s Mix – Launch a Special Attack
- Philosopher’s Mix lasts 8 seconds per level of Special Attack used and heals Diablo 113.4 health every second. It also gains effects based on which Ingredients were added in the Pre-Fight Menu.
- Distilled Will: Incoming Energy Damage causes Diablo to Passively Heal 70% of the damage taken.
- Essence of Null: Every 2 seconds, 100% chance to Nullify 1 Buff on the opponent.
- Grain of Uru: Gain Immunity to Stun effects & Armor Break Debuffs.
Personal Poison Debuffs – Max Stacks: 20
- Unless otherwise stated, Diablo’s Poison Debuffs inflict 1488.52 direct damage over 14 seconds and reduce healing effects by 30%.
- Heavy Attack: Each hit has 100% chance to inflict a Poison Debuff.
- Medium Attack 2: 75% chance to inflict a Poison Debuff.
Special 1 – Double Edged Elixir
- After the attack, Diablo will drink from his flask. If he drinks for 1.5 seconds, he gains a Regeneration Passive, recovering 1984.5 Health over 4 seconds. If his drink is interrupted, he gains a Vial of Might and Pauses all Poison effects on the opponent for 10 seconds.
Special 2 – Whelming Surge
- First hit Reapplies all personal Poison effects on the opponent.
- This attack is Unblockable and deals a burst of 1094.5 Energy Damage. This burst of damage increases by +20% for each Buff & Poison that has activated on the opponent during the fight. Max Bonus: +500%.
Dev Notes: How many poisons can you keep up on the opponent with mixing both the Special 1 and Special 2?
Special 3 – Epic Experimentation
- This attack can only be used once per fight.
- This attack gains +1094.5 Attack rating. It also gains effects based on which Ingredients have been added to the Philosopher’s Mix.
- Distilled Will: Gain a Regeneration Passive, healing 2835 Health over 4 seconds.
- Essence of Null: Places 10 Detonate Buffs on the opponent, which last 20 seconds and deal a burst of 437.8 Energy Damage when they expire or are Nullified.
- Grain of Uru: Philosopher’s Mix is Paused for 10 seconds.
- For each Vial of Might: 100% chance to inflict 2 Poison Debuff(s).
Dev Notes: After using a Special 3, it’s super easy to combo your SP2 and SP1 from 3 bars of power!
Signature Ability – Toxic Experimentation
Always Active – Poison Effects
- While Poisoned, Diablo takes 30% reduced damage from all sources.
- While the opponent is Poisoned, Diablo gains +547.26 Attack Rating.
- Loki, Red Skull, Kingpin
Diablo: Personal Poison Debuffs become Passive and gain +10% Potency.
Loki: +35% Curse Debuff duration.
Red Skull: +35% Shock Debuff Potency.
Kingpin: Gain 1 Rage each time the opponent Nullifies a Buff.
- Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, M.O.D.O.K.
Diablo: Special Attacks have a 70% chance to inflict a Stun Debuff, lasting 1.5 second(s) per level of Special Attack used.
Green Goblin: +1.5% Attack Rating per Cunning / Madness Charge.
Doctor Octopus: +35% Heal Block Debuff duration.
M.O.D.O.K: +20% personal Debuff Duration.
- Dormammu, Symbiote Supreme, Mangog
Diablo: Philosopher’s Mix is Paused during Diablo’s Special Attacks.
Symbiote Supreme: +1% Attack Rating for each Stagger on the opponent.
Dormammu: After using an Imbued attack, gain 40 Dark Energy.
Mangog: While Enraged, gain +10% Attack Rating.
- Mephisto, Juggernaut, Coming Soon
Diablo: Poison effects on the opponent reduce healing effects by 50% each instead of 30%.
Mephisto: Gain 50% of a bar of Power when a Poison Debuff would be gained. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Juggernaut: While Unstoppable, Juggernaut doubles his Armor Rating.
Coming Soon: Effects will be revealed at a later time.
- Doctor Doom, Annihilus, Mole Man, Psycho-Man
All Champions: +115 Critical Damage Rating
- Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic
All Champions: +6% Attack Rating.
Incoming Synergy Changes:
- From: Dragon Man
Diablo: Philosopher’s Mix gains +20% duration. Additionally, Vials of Might grant +10% Special Damage.
- Liquid Courage & Willpower
- Diablo gains full Immunity to Poison Debuff damage, so he is able to take advantage of free damage and healing with Willpower!
- Mystic Dispersion:
- Using Diablo’s Pre-Fights he can nullify buffs fairly on demand, allowing anyone to get tons of free power in those Buff heavy fights!