Champion Spotlight – Doctor Doom
DOCTOR DOOM Enters Marvel Contest of Champions on November 14th @ 10 AM PDT but you can check out his preview bundle today!
About DOCTOR DOOM
Leaving his tribe in Latveria, Victor Von Doom moved to the United States to study at the Empire State University where he combined sorcery and technology to create fantastic inventions. Disregarding the warnings of fellow classmate Reed Richards, one of his inventions malfunctioned resulting in an explosion that severely damaged his face. Expelled after the incident, Victor began traveling the world eventually collapsing exhausted, on a Tibetan mountainside where he was rescued by a clan of monks. Mastering their discipline and forging himself a suit of armor, Victor took on the mantle Doctor Doom, his mission to serve revenge on those he holds responsible for his accident.
DOCTOR DOOM’s Mechanics
Doctor Doom uses a combination of technology and sorcery to constantly push the battle in his favor. Doom’s sorcery abilities focus on controlling the fight and Nullifying Buffs. Doom’s technology abilities focus on raw damage and Debuffs. Combining both together allows Doom to decimate his opponent with little risk of repercussions.
Base Stats & Abilities
* All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
MAX PI: 4944 WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 4032
WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4944
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
MAX PI: 10850 WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 8109
WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10850
Character Class: Mystic
Basic Abilities: Shock, Stagger, Unblockable, Nullify
- Shock Immunity and resistant to Armor break and Armor Shatter
- Doom is immune to the effects of Shock making him great in any matchup where Shocks are inevitable. Additionally his durable titanium armor protects him from Armor Break and Armor Shatter effects.
- Ability to Tank Special Attack hits
- Using the Aura of Haazareth Doom significantly reduces the damage and effects from the final hit of the Opponent’s Special or Heavy Attack. This allows him in certain matchups to intentionally eat a hit that is hard to dodge and immediately counter attack with a combo of his own.
- Control Opponent Buffs
- Doom’s stagger effects inflicted by landing a Heavy Attack are exceptional for keeping Opponent’s Buffs cleared at all times, and if that isn’t enough, his Special 1 is great for clearing Buffs as well.
- Special Attack Frenzy!
- Doom’s ability to always gain more Power for himself than he stole from the Opponent, allows him to build Power very rapidly. Especially when fighting champions who gain Power quickly such as Hyperion. The more Power the Opponent has, the more Doom will steal for himself, allowing him to thrive in high-Power situations.
- Doom needs his Aura of Haazareth to be active in order to utilize his sorcery abilities, this Aura can’t activate while he’s suffering from Slow or Petrify, significantly limiting his sorcery abilities.
- Shock or Incinerate immune Opponents
- Doom’s ability to chain a combo into a Heavy attack is reliant on the Opponent being shocked. Additionally, Doom’s damage comes from Incinerate Debuffs, Opponents who are immune to either of these effects will reduce his viability.
- Lack of Buffs to Nullify
- If the Opponent has no Buffs to Nullify, Doom is unable to make use of his signature ability or the Power gained from Mystic Dispersion.
Passive – Titanium Armor
- Doom’s resilient armor protects him, granting immunity to Armor Break, Armor Shatter and Shock effects.
- If the Opponent isn’t already Shocked, Medium Attacks inflict a Shock Debuff dealing 148.6 direct energy damage over 2 second(s).
- While charging a Heavy Attack, if the Opponent is within striking distance and suffering from Shock their Shock effects are removed and replaced with a Passive Stun for 0.60 seconds. This can’t trigger during the Opponent’s Special Attacks.
- Landing a Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to Stagger the Opponent for 10 seconds. A Staggered enemy has their next Buff Nullified.
Aura of Haazareth – Passive
- The Aura of Haazareth can’t trigger while Doom is suffering from a Slow or Petrify Debuff and is paused during his Special Attacks.
- While active, Special Attack 1 and 2 are Unblockable and grant no Power.
- Light Attacks grant no Power and steal 3% of the Opponent’s current Power, gaining 200% of the Power stolen.
- Contact with the Opponent has a 30% chance to Nullify up to 1 Buff.
- Doom becomes Unstoppable and Stun Immune against the last hit of incoming Special 1, Special 2, and Heavy Attacks. Additionally, damage received from this hit can’t exceed 5% of the Opponent’s Attack.
Special Attack 1 – Invocation of Sorcery
Channeling his knowledge of sorcery, Doom blasts his opponent with a mystical beam, burning their energy and absorbing it for himself.
- The Aura of Haazareth is activated for 6 seconds, this will not trigger if the Aura was already active.
- The first hit of this Attack steals 10% of each Full Power Bar the Opponent has and Doom gains 200% of the Power stolen, capping at a maximum of 2 Bars of Power.
- The amount of Power stolen is increased by a flat +10% for each full Power Bar the Opponent has.
- Each beam hit of this attack has a 100% chance to Nullify up to 1 Buff.
Dev Note: As long as Dr. Doom isn’t suffering from Slow or Petrify, this attack will always be Unblockable, meaning if the opponent is playing defensively Doom can just throw this attack into their block and laugh.
Special Attack 2 – Cosmic Energy Absorption
Syphoning cosmic energy from the Battlerealm, Doom supercharges his armor capacitors, unleashing a destructive blast onto his opponent.
- Each beam hit has a 100% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff, each dealing 2080.4 direct energy damage over 5 seconds.
Dev Note: This ability is strictly for damage purposes. If the Opponent has a lot of Power, using the Special 1 can steal enough Power to instantly chain into a Special 2 which will be Unblockable and grant no Power since the Aura of Haazareth will be active. Meaning a bunch of damage inflicted without giving the Opponent a ton of Power!
Special Attack 3 – Hassenstadt Tour
Teleporting the opponent to Castle Doom, Doom combines both sorcery and technology to devastate them with an incredible blast.
- 100% chance to inflict a Passive Stun for 2 seconds.
- The Aura of Haazareth is activated for 12 seconds and Doom gains a Fury Buff granting 1931.8 Attack Rating for the duration of the Aura, max stacks 2. This will always refresh at maximum duration whether or not the Aura was already active.
Dev Note: The stun from this attack is just long enough for Doom to immediately initiate his next combo. If this is a combo of Light Attacks, Doom can steal enough Power to instantly chain into another Special 1 and steal even more Power!
Signature Ability – Indomitable Will
- Whenever Doom Nullifies a Power Gain Buff he receives one for himself, granting 20% of his max Power over 3 seconds.
- If the Opponent isn’t already Shocked whenever Doom Nullifies any Buff, they have a 80.39% chance to be inflicted with a Shock Debuff, dealing 445.8 direct energy damage over 6 seconds.
Dev Note: If Doom is fighting a champion who frequently gains Buffs such as Hyperion, Vision Aarkus or Medusa, players can strategically align Doom’s Stagger effects to instantly Nullify these Buffs as they activate. Which will in turn inflict a shock from Doom’s Signature Ability and allow him to immediately chain a Heavy into another Stagger.
I ANSWER TO NO ONE with himself, available at *3 and higher Solo. Attack Rating is increased by 10% for each knocked out team member.
FANTASTIC RAGE with Annihilus and Diablo, available at *4 and higher Solo. Heavy Attacks are guaranteed critical hits while the Opponent is suffering from a Stagger effect.
ENHANCED FORCEFIELD with MODOK and Redskull available at *4 and higher Solo. Doctor Doom: gains +15% Perfect Block chance.
GENIUS INGENUITY with Mister Fantastic and Doc Ock, available at *4 and higher Solo. Shock and Incinerate Debuffs have +20% increased Potency.
SORCERY REVERSAL with Doctor Strange and Symbiote Supreme, available at *4 and higher Solo. Activating the Aura of Haazareth has a 50% chance to Purify all Degeneration, Poison, Incinerate, Bleed and Coldsnap effects.
Dev Note: This gives Doom a way to Purify many common Damaging Debuffs, this reversal will not work against Passive effects but can be a great way to bypass the negative effects of many Debuff focused nodes across various quests!
COSMIC OVERLOAD with Unknown Champion, available at *5 and higher Solo. Each time the Aura of Haazareth is activated Doom taps into the Power Cosmic, gaining a random Buff for 8 seconds.
Fury: Increase Attack Rating by 50%.
Power Rate: Increase Power Rate by 15%.
Armor Up: Increase Armor Rating by 50%.
MYSTIC TYRANTS with Morningstar, available at *5 and higher Solo.
Successful Nullifies deal a burst of energy damage equal to 20% of Doom’s Attack.
- Mystic Dispersion
- Doom has many ways to Nullify Buffs from the Opponent, allowing him to gain a bunch of additional Power from their expiry.
- Doom’s has the ability to frequently shock the Opponent, allowing him to maintain the effects of Despair on the Opponent throughout a large portion of the fight.
- Perfect Block
- Doom has no way to regenerate or self-sustain, the Perfect Block Mastery allows skilled players to prevent chip damage by performing Well-Timed blocks, thus keeping Doom in the battle much longer!