Champion Spotlight – Guillotine 2099
GUILLOTINE 2099 Enters Marvel Contest of Champions on October 31st @ 10 AM PDT but you can get her in a Preview Bundle today!
About GUILLOTINE 2099
In the future world of 2099, the Alchemax Corporation acquires “La fleur du mal”, the ancient demon sword of the Guillotine lineage. Using future technology and corporate mystical arts, they reverse-engineer the demonic forces inhabiting the sword, creating a new weapon capable of “digitizing” human souls. Born out of an unholy blend of cutting-edge technology and ancient dark magic, Guillotine 2099 is developed as the blueprint for an army of sword-wielding robotic warriors.
GUILLOTINE 2099’s Mechanics
Guillotine 2099 is centered around choosing a combination of multiple Pre-Fight abilities to enhance her sword for each specific fight. Once the fight begins, Guillotine 2099 is all about ramping up her combo meter to get the full benefits of her selected Pre-Fight abilities. Depending on the matchup, the selected combination of Pre-Fight abilities can drastically sway the battle in her favor.
Base Stats & Abilities
* All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
HEALTH: 11555 ATTACK: 1272
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3863 WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4787
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH: 23168 ATTACK: 2550
MAX PI: 10590
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7769WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10590
Character Class: Tech
Basic Abilities: Robotics, Self Repair, Digi-Souls, Armor, Pre-Fight Ability
- Double Immunity
- Given that Guillotine 2099 is a Robot, she is immune to all Bleed and Poison effects in The Contest. Additionally, by activating one of her synergies, she is able to gain Power from these immunities!
- Long Lasting Fights
- Guillotine 2099 is built for long lasting fights, allowing players to ramp up both her damage and utility potential to some pretty extreme levels!
- Controlled Critical Hits
- Guillotine 2099 does not land Critical Hits unless her Pre-Fight “Huntress Function” is activated. This means players can choose whether they crit or not with their Pre-Fight selection, allowing them to avoid annoying mechanics such as Mister Sinister’s regeneration off crit!
- Safety Net
- Guillotine 2099 is all about ramping her combo meter similar to Aegon or Starlord. However, she also has a variety of safety mechanisms such as her Digi-Cloak and Combo Shield abilities that will help her maintain the Combo Meter even if a mistake is made!
- Armor Break/Nullify
- A lot of Guillotine 2099’s damage reduction comes from her Armor Buff. If the Opponent is able to break through her armor or Nullify her Buff she will take a lot of additional damage.
- Combo Loss
- Guillotine 2099’s best offensive power comes from a high count in the Combo Meter. All of this is lost when her Combo is Reset.
- Anti-Miss or Knockdowns
- One of Guillotine 2099’s best defensive mechanics is her Digi-Cloak which causes the Opponent to Miss. If the Opponent is able to consistently knock her down or bypass Miss, this mechanic is lost.
- Heal Block – Heal Reversal – Stuns
- Guillotine 2099 has a Self-Repair mechanic similar to those seen on champions such as Ultron. However, she is vulnerable in the same way meaning Stuns and Heal Block can cancel the effect and Heal Reversal can cause her Self-Repair to quickly become self-destruct.
- Advanced Robotics provides Immunity to Bleed & Poison effects.
- Once per fight, when Guillotine 2099 drops below 15% health and she has at least 1 Digi-Soul, Self-Repair is activated, recovering 2079.9 health per Digi-Soul over 4 seconds. This ability triggers instantly when starting a fight below 15% health. If Stunned during repair, connection is lost and the Repair immediately ends.
- Guillotine 2099 can’t land Critical Hits naturally, however every time she would have landed a Critical Hit her sword strikes deep into the Opponent’s soul, inflicting a Degeneration Debuff, dealing 318 direct damage over 3 seconds.
Dev Note: Guillotine 2099’s degeneration damage scales with her Attack, meaning the increased Attack gained from building Combo Meter will also significantly enhance her degeneration damage.
Digi-Souls – Persistent Charge
- Guillotine 2099 begins the quest with 2 Digi-Souls, each providing +16% defensive Power Rate. Digi-Souls are refunded after each fight and can be spent to enhance Guillotines sword on the Pre-Fight screen.
- At the start of the fight, if Guillotine has at least 1 Digi-Soul, she gains an Armor Up Buff granting +1333.33 Armor Rating per Digi-Soul and lasting indefinitely. If removed, this Armor reactivates after 4 seconds.
Pre-Fight – Sword Empowerment – Costs 1 Digi-Soul each.
- Huntress Function: Every 20th attack on the Combo Meter is a guaranteed Critical Hit, if this Attack is a Special 1 or 2 all hits of the Attack are guaranteed to be Critical.
- Stability Function: While above 99 hits in the Combo Meter, Medium attacks Life Steal 5% of the damage dealt.
- Assault Function: While above 99 hits in the Combo Meter, Medium attacks Burn 5% of the Opponent’s Current Power.
Dev Note: Before entering a match Guillotine 2099’s abilities can be activated to increase her offensive potential at the cost of defensive utility, carefully crafting the perfect combination of Pre-Fight abilities depending on her matchup is key to using Guillotine 2099 efficiently.
- 100% chance to gain a Combo Shield Passive lasting indefinitely. Max stacks 2, plus an additional 2 for every Digi-Soul. When struck, a Combo Shield is removed.
Passive – Combo Meter Abilities
- Guillotine’s Attack Rating increases by +19.08 with each hit in her Combo Meter, capping after 100 hits.
- At a Combo of 100+ Guillotine’s sword becomes empowered, dealing a burst of 25.44 direct energy damage for each hit above 100, scaling with base attack and capping after 600 hits.
When Attacked by a Light or Medium Attack
- 15% chance to activate Digi-Cloak, lasting 2.50 seconds per Digi-Soul and causing all unblocked attacks to Miss. Cooldown: 10 seconds after each use, and each time Guillotine is knocked down.
- While fighting Mutant Opponents the Digi-Cloak’s cooldown is reduced by 50% and it’s chance to activate is doubled.
Special 1 – Soul Slash
Guillotine 2099 slashes her opponent before releasing a powerful blast of excess soul energy from within her Soulsplitter.
- The final strike of this attack drains 20% of the Opponent’s current Power per Digi-Soul, increasing to 40% per Digi-Soul if the attack doesn’t make contact with the Opponent.
Special 2 – LFM 99 Soulsplitter
Guillotine 2099 temporarily splits her blade in two, unleashing a series of devastating blows in rapid succession.
- On activation: 100% chance to inflict a Spectre Debuff, reducing the Opponent’s Regeneration Rate by 120% for 12 seconds.
Dev Note: Using Special 2 is a quick way to rapidly ramp up Guillotine 2099’s Combo Meter and unlock her best abilities since it has so many hits. Mix in a few heavy attacks along the way to gain the Combo Shield and protect the Combo Meter even further.
Special 3 – Soul Digitizer
Using the blades from her Soulsplitter as projectiles, Guillotine 2099 pierces deep within the opponent’s soul before holding them in place and scanning their soul for digitization.
- If the Opponent is at or below 5% of their max health this attack knocks them out. This damage can be prevented or reduced.
- If Guillotine uses this attack to knock out her Opponent, their soul is digitized and absorbed, allowing her to start the next fight with 100 hits in her Combo Meter.
Dev Note: When playing as Guillotine 2099, you’ll always want to end your fights with a Special 3, this will significantly boost Guillotine 2099 in her next fight and allow her to start dealing some great damage immediately!
Signature Ability – Advanced A.I. Integration
- When Guillotine would be struck she has a 76.71% chance to gain a Combo Shield Passive lasting 2 seconds, plus 2 additional seconds per Digi-Soul. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
- While under the effect of a Combo Shield, damage from incoming attacks excluding Special 3 is capped at 10% of Guillotine’s max health.
Dev Note: Not only does this ability allow Guillotine 2099 to retain her Combo Meter when she is struck, it also allows her to potentially survive attacks from extremely stacked Opponents! This combination is yet another way she is great at holding onto that Combo Meter and surviving in a variety of situations that would normally result in a knockout!
OUR SHARED CURSE with Morning Star and Guillotine, available at *4 and higher Unique
- Guillotine 2099: +30% Degeneration Potency.
Guillotine: +20% Bleed Ability Accuracy and Potency.
Morningstar: +300 Critical Damage per Captured Soul.
A.I. UPRISING with Nebula, Sentinel, Warlock and Darkhawk available at *4 and higher Unique
“Nebula, Sentinel, Darkhawk, Warlock, Guillotine 2099 gain 70% of a Bar of Power each time an immunity prevents a Bleed or Poison effect.
ENEMIES Lv.3 with Punisher 2099, available at *2 and higher. All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating
NEMESIS Lv.3 with Mephisto, available at *2 and higher. All Champions gain +6% Attack
- Liquid Courage and Double Edge
- Guillotine 2099 is Immune to Both Poison and Bleed, allowing her to shine while using the suicide masteries. Additionally, by using her “Stability Function”, she can heal back some of the recoil damage taken throughout the fight!
- Although Guillotine 2099 does not land Critical Hits, her chance to activate Degeneration is based on her Critical Rating, making this mastery a great way to boost it’s chance to activate.
- Guillotine 2099’s Self-Repair mechanic can be significantly boosted with this Mastery allowing her to heal far more than she would have without it.