CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – KNULL
When all that existed was the darkness there was Knull and he thrived in it. But when the Celestial’s creations began consuming his Living Abyss with radiant light, he retaliated. Knull felled one of these primordial gods, absorbing its power and forming All-Black, the Necrosword. With the power of the Celestials on his side and sheer darkness as his weapon, Knull spawned an army of his own, the Symbiotes. Creatures formed from darkness and fear and designed to extinguish the light.
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
(Rank 3, Level 45)
Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Armor Break, True Accuracy, Degeneration, Bleed
Knull wields All-Black the Necrosword, which he uses to inflict Instant Bleeds. He also commands a hive of Symbiotes, stripping away Armor Up Buffs and allowing him to restore Health. Knull can take control over any fight by Corrupting his Opponents, drastically lowering their Combat Power Rate, inflicting Armor Breaks and reversing their controls.
- Instant Bleed
- Knull’s Necrosword Attacks inflict substantial Instant Bleeds, greatly boosting his damage while the Opponent is Corrupted.
- Counter Armor Up
- Knull can easily remove Armor Up Buffs with the combination of Armor Break and Living Abyss Debuffs.
- Counter Regeneration
- With his Signature Ability awakened, Knull can remove Regeneration Effects from is Opponents while Corruption is active.
- Power Gain
- Champions that don’t rely on Combat Power Rate as heavily, will have a much easier time against Knull.
- Reverse Controls Immunity
- With Immunity to Reverse Controls, Champions can bypass the scariest part of the Corruption mechanic.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
Lord of Darkness – Always Active
- +40% Degeneration Resistance and +60% Bleed and Poison Resistance.
- Every 10 hits in the Opponent’s Combo Meter, inflict an indefinite Darkness Passive, lowering Combat Power Rate by 15%. Max 8 stack(s).
- When the Opponent uses a Special Attack, remove 1 Darkness Passive.
Developer’s Note: Darkness only comes into play while Knull is defending. Make sure to throw as many Special Attacks as you can to keep Darkness stacks low.
Corruption – Passive
Knull inflicts Corruption on his Opponents using his Special Attacks, causing the following effects:
- The Opponent’s Armor Break Debuffs are paused.
- On activation, convert all indefinite Living Abyss Debuffs on the Opponent into Armor Break Debuffs that lower Armor Rating by 233.33, for 10 second(s).
- For each Armor Up Effect on the Opponent, inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing Armor Rating by 233.33, for 10 second(s).
- The Opponent suffers from -3.25% current Combat Power Rate for each Armor Break Debuff. Max 65%.
- The Opponent passively suffers from Reverse Controls.
Developer’s Note: Corruption severely lowers the Opponent’s Armor Rating (thanks to all the Armor Breaks) and their Combat Power Rate. This sets Knull up for the opportunity to deal tons of damage while limiting the amount of Power the Opponent gains.
Symbiote Attacks – Medium, Heavy & Special 1 Attacks
- Symbiote Attacks passively gain True Accuracy, ignoring all Evade and Auto-Block effects.
- While the Opponent is not Corrupted, landing a hit or striking into Block has a 75% chance to inflict an indefinite Living Abyss Debuff, removing 1 Armor Up Buff.
- While the Opponent is Corrupted, consume 3 Armor Break Debuffs to inflict 3 Living Abyss Debuffs, regenerate 10% of hit damage and inflict a Degeneration Debuff, dealing 1949.6 Direct Damage over 2 second(s). This ability does not trigger when using the Medium 1 Attack.
Developer’s Note: Use Symbiote Attacks to build up Living Abyss Debuffs, before Corrupting the Opponent to convert them all into Armor Break Debuffs. While Corruption is active, Symbiote Attacks can be used to consume Armor Breaks in order to lifesteal some health and refund Living Abyss stacks, this can be great for longer fights or when you’re looking to top up Knull’s Health.
Necrosword Attacks – Light & Special 2 Attacks
- Pause the duration of the Opponent’s Corruption for 1.25 second(s).
- While the Opponent is Corrupted, inflict an instant Bleed dealing 65% of hit damage as Direct Damage.
Developer’s Note: Necrosword Attacks can extend the duration of Corruption and have a lethal instant Bleed that deals a large fraction of damage dealt on hit. This means that any boosts to Knull’s Attack Rating are twice as valuable!
Special 1 – Swarm
- On activation, inflict an Encroaching Corruption lasting for 10 second(s). Upon expiry, inflict Corruption for 10 second(s).
- While fighting as a Defender, Encroaching Corruption will not inflict Corruption while the Attacker is performing a Special Attack.
Developer’s Note: This Special Attack is vital in Knull’s playstyle. He uses it to inflict an Encroaching Corruption, which works similar to an Encroaching Stun.
Special 2 – Cull
- Inflict 10 Armor Break Debuffs, reducing Armor Rating by 233.33 for 10 second(s).
Developer’s Note: While maintaining Corruption on the Opponent, the Special 2 Attack can be used to boost damage and continue pausing Corruption’s duration.
Special 3 – Rend
- Inflict Corruption, lasting 25 second(s).
Signature Ability – King in Black
- At the start of each fight, inflict +1 Living Abyss Debuff(s) on the Opponent for every 13 Signature Levels obtained.
- When Corruption activates, gain an Unstoppable and Unblockable Buff for 2 second(s).
- While Corruption is active and the Opponent has 50% Health or less, when they would gain a Regeneration Effect, replace it with Knull’s Degeneration Debuff.
Developer’s Note: This is a very loaded Signature Ability! It allows Knull to start the fight with Living Abyss Debuffs on his Opponent, shortening his gameplay loop. And it gives him a window to attack the Opponent whenever Corruption activates. Lastly, it allows him to remove his Corrupted Opponent’s Regeneration Effects as long as they’re below 50% of their Max Health. This is super useful on Quest Buffs like Vigorous Assault.
Knullification – Unique
- All Champions except Knull: Gain +2% modified Attack Rating for each of Knull’s active Synergy Bonuses. #Symbiotes gain double.
- All #Symbiotes except Knull: Once per fight Knull possesses his Symbiote teammate when they would be knocked out, gaining an Indestructible and Fury Buff granting +50% Attack Rating for 10 second(s). When the Indestructible Buff expires, deal 5% of Max Health as Direct Damage to the teammate.
Vessels of the Darkness – Solo
With Venom, Venom the Duck, Red Goblin, Symbiote Supreme
- Knull: When the Opponent is immune to an effect, Knull gains a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 35% for 16 seconds. Max 1 stack(s).
Abyssal Hosts – Solo
With Anti-Venom, Agent Venom, Carnage, Venompool
- Knull: Gain an Unblockable Buff during his Special 1 and 2 Attacks.
Darkness Inside You – Solo
With Sentry, Void, Hood
- Knull: While the Opponent is suffering from 12+ Armor Breaks, Knull gains an indefinite Energize Buff, increasing Combat Power Rate by 20%.
Banish the Bright – Solo
With Silver Surfer, Storm, Thor
- Knull: +15% Attack Rating while the Opponent is Corrupted.
- Liquid Courage & Double Edge
- Thanks to Knull’s resistance to Bleed and Poison effects and his ability to lifesteal using Symbiote Attacks, he can benefit greatly from using these Masteries.
- Knull can very quickly stack up his Living Abyss Debuffs which make him a very powerful user of the Despair Mastery.