CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – KORG
Korg enters The Contest August 30th at 10AM PDT, but you can add him to your team early by purchasing his Preview Bundle on August 21st at 10AM PDT!
Oh, hey there, my name is Korg. As you can see… I am made of rocks. Perishable rocks though, so don’t put me into fights thinking I am invincible, unless my opponent is made of scissors. Ha! … Anyway, Miek is here too and wants to help, so instead of blocking with my rock arms, I let Miek taste some of the action! After all, that’s what friends are for!
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Without Signature: 3830
- With Signature (99): 4763
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Without Signature: 7719
- With Signature (200): 10520
Character Class: Skill
Basic Abilities: Rock Anatomy, Crowd Excitement, Rock Shield, Unstoppable.
*All abilities based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Rock anatomy provides Korg immunity to Bleed, Shock and additional Critical Resistance but decreases his Energy Resistance by 20%.
Developer Note: Korg is going to be a very efficient Alliance Wars Defender, but champions who have Energy Attacks will have an advantage against him. When going against him, bring in champions like Bishop, Dormammu, Doctor Strange or if you are feeling adventurous, Magneto. 🙂
Developer Note: Since his body is made of rocks, he won’t be able to Bleed and Shock. This will make him a great counter against Champions like Blade or Wasp…
- The crowd goes crazy when Miek makes an appearance while Korg is blocking an attack, increasing Crowd Excitement by 1 for 20 seconds. +1 on Well Timed Blocks. Only 4 Crowd Excitement charges can be gained through this ability.
- The crowd dislikes cowards cheering for Korg when opponents Evade or Dexterity his Basic Attacks, increasing Crowd Excitement by 2 for 20 seconds.
- When Crowd Excitement reaches 4 or more, Korg becomes Unstoppable and Unblockable for 2.5 seconds.
Developer Note: Korg is going to be a great counter to opponents who Evade, like Spider-Man and Quake, as well as opponents who rely on Dexterity to activate their abilities like Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced).
- Miek expels fluids on opponents when hitting with a Heavy Attack, creeping out the crowd and consuming all Crowd Excitement to inflict Armor Break, reducing their Armor Rating by 941 for each Crowd Excitement charge for 8 seconds.
Passive – Rock Shield
- Korg begins the fight with 9 Rock Shield charges which are removed each time he is struck. An additional charge is removed when Korg’s Dash Attack is interrupted by a Light Attack and if Struck by a Special Attack 3, all Rock Shield charges are removed instead.
- While Rock Shield is active, powerful enemy attacks cannot deal more than 40% of the opponent’s Attack Rating in a single hit. Special 3’s cannot deal more than 120% of the opponent’s Attack instead.
- When all charges are consumed, Rock Shield is shattered and it takes between 7 and 10 seconds to reform. If Rock Shield is shattered by a Special 3, it takes three times as long to reform. Each time Rock Shield reforms it starts with 1 less charge.
Developer Note: Korg is made of perishable rocks, so it makes sense that his powerful shield mechanic is also “perishable”, hehe. Jokes aside, Rock Shield will be able to reduce damage taken by a great amount, and when Korg is awakened, he will become a monster Alliance Wars defender until players create new strategies when fighting against him.
Special 1: Hey, take it easy man! – Oh man, is that what this thing does? I thought it was just going to like, shoot some net or something. I oughta be careful this thing.
- Opponents cannot Evade this attack.
- This attack is Unblockable if Crowd Excitement is greater than 1.
Special 2: Rocknado – When I was a kid, I said wanted to be a tornado in class one day and all the other kids laughed at me. But now my dream came true!
- +1256 Attack Rating for 2.5 seconds if Korg is Unblockable.
- Inflicts Bleed, dealing 1151 Direct Damage over 8 seconds.
Special 3: Friendly Fire – Miek said he wanted to help, but his legs are too small so I have to throw him and stuff. Don’t worry, his shell is quite resilient. I reckon he’ll be okay.
- Crowd Excitement goes up by 9 for 20 seconds.
Signature Ability: Rock Hard Thorns
- While Rock Shield is active and Korg is struck by a Medium, Heavy or Special Attack that makes contact, 1465 Physical Damage is inflicted to the opponent. This ability does not activate if the opponent’s hit deals Energy Damage and Mutant Champions take 25% less damage.
- While Rock Shield is active, Korg has a 65% chance to shrug off Debuffs and gain one Rock Shield charge for each Debuff shrugged off this way.
Developer Note: Thorns. A lot of players are scared of this word, and with reason. We’ve decided to introduce this ability in a character but add ways players can strategize around it in order to take 0 damage. Perishing his Rock Shield will be essential. Also, the damage inflicted through this signature ability will not scale with Quest Nodes since it is based on the Champion’s Base Attack.
Developer Note: Again… Bishop, the other champions I mentioned previously, and others who use Energy Attacks will be great here. Remember… “This ability does not activate if the opponent’s hit deals Energy Damage”
Pit Fighters with Thor (Ragnarok) – Unique Synergy
- Thor (Ragnarok), Korg: +15% Attack Rating and +20% Fury Buff for 8 seconds when using a Medium Attack to end a Basic Attack Combo while their opponent is pinned against the wall.
Grandmaster’s Champions with Hulk (Ragnarok) – Unique Synergy
- Hulk (Ragnarok): Crowd Excitement is locked at 100 for an additional 3 seconds.
- Korg: When Korg spends 13 or more Crowd Excitement charges through his Heavy Attack, the Armor Break lasts 20 seconds instead. Max Stack: 1.
Elemental Hide with Iceman – Unique Synergy
- Iceman: While Ice Armor is reforming, Iceman’s Attack Rating is increased by 15% as long as he does not get hit.
- Korg: If Korg is awakened, +15% chance to shrug off a Debuff while Rock Shield is active.
Enemies Lv.3 with Hela
- All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
Friends Lv.3 with Heimdall and Loki
- All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
Strength, Greater Strength, Glass Cannon & Double Edge
- All of those Masteries that enhance Base Attack will enhance the damage dealt by Thorns, making Korg an even better defender.
- Korg has one of the lowest Energy Resistance stats in the game, acquiring this Mastery will help protect him against champions like Bishop and Magneto.
Salve and Recovery
- Those Regeneration Masteries will be of great help if putting Korg on a Alliance Wars defense node that provides Regeneration. The longer the fight means the more chance an opponent will get damaged by Thorns.
Blade, Spider-Man (Stark-Enhanced), Wasp
- Korg is Bleed and Shock immune, this means the powerful damage over time effects from those Champions will not hurt him. Additionally, using Dexterity against Korg’s Basic Attacks, he will periodically make him Unstoppable and Unblockable, making it hard to build up Poise charges.
Void, Luke Cage
- When awakened, Korg has a very good chance to shrug off Debuffs and gain a Rock Shield charge. Champions who rely on Debuffs to deal damage will be at a very big disadvantage because of this.
Bishop, Dormammu, Magneto, Doctor Strange
- Energy Attacks will deal additional damage against Korg, and will bypass Thorns as well. A huge weakness when fighting against those champions.
Developer Note: Go Magneto, Go!!!!
Wolverine, Wolverine (X-23)
- Although Korg is immune to Bleed, Regeneration is a very powerful tool against Thorns. Players using those Champions will be able to start their combo with a Medium attack and withstand the damage inflicted by Thorns because of their Regeneration effects.
- Concussion is not effective against Korg because he can shrug off debuffs, but Black Widow’s Ability Accuracy reduction on hits is a passive ability, so she should be able to take minimum damage from Korg’s signature ability “Rock Hard Thorns”.