CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – MISTER FANTASTIC
About MISTER FANTASTIC
Reed Richards is a brilliant scientist, who spearheaded an experimental voyage into space accompanied by his friends and family. An accident occurred during the trip, and the ship was flooded with cosmic rays. After crashing back to Earth, Reed found that he could stretch and elongate his body in impossible ways. He became the leader of the Fantastic Four, and uses both his powers of elasticity and his genius intellect to deftly handle all threats, galactic to microscopic.
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
(Rank 3, Level 45)
Character Class: Science
Basic Abilities: Evade, Pre-Fight Ability, Cross-Fight Ability, Taunt, Stagger
MISTER FANTASTIC’s Mechanics
Mister Fantastic is one of the most versatile, utility-focused Champions in the game, with many abilities that benefit his entire team just by being on it. His main goal during fights is to stack as many Debuffs on the Opponent as possible, since he has abilities that get stronger depending on the number of Debuffs.
He’s able to apply his Pre-Fight Debuffs on an Opponent then have a teammate fight that Opponent and take advantage of the Debuffs, without Mister Fantastic participating in the fight himself. He also has access to Cross-Fight abilities, attaching to the target for multiple fights and applying the effects even if Mister Fantastic is knocked out or another teammate enters the fight instead.
In his updated form, Mister Fantastic now has twice as many Persistent Charges to start with and cap out at, and his Debuffs have received increased duration. Additionally, Fury buffs gained from his Debuffs and Special 3 have received some juicy potency increases!
- Flexible Pre-Fight abilities
- Mister Fantastic can apply Pre-Fight abilities to an enemy, then let his teammates benefit from them. Once he spends a Persistent Charge and applies a Pre-Fight Debuff to the Opponent, that Opponent will have the Debuff on them in their next fight even if the attacking Champion isn’t Mister Fantastic. This works in Questing, Alliance Quest, and Alliance War.
- Cross-Fight abilities
- Mister Fantastic is the first Champion to have Cross-Fight abilities. When he applies his Cross-Fight ability to his Opponent, that ability will stick with them for the next fights they participate in, even if those fights aren’t against Mister Fantastic.
- For example, let’s imagine Captain America fights Mister Fantastic in Alliance Quest. During their fight, Cap gets a Cross-Fight Debuff applied to him via Mister Fantastic’s Abilities. For the next 3 fights, Cap will continue to have that debuff regardless of the Defender he is fighting.
- Full team synergies
- Similar to Captain America (Infinity War), Mister Fantastic has synergies that benefit his entire team, depending on their class. Once the synergy is active, it’ll apply to all members of your team whose Class matches the synergy. He also has a fantastic synergy with the other members of the Fantastic Four if you put them all on the same team.
- True Accuracy
- Mister Fantastic has Evade, the chance for which increases with every non-Damaging Debuff currently active on both Mister Fantastic, and his Opponent. The chance for this Evade can get high relatively easily, but if his Opponent has True Accuracy they can bypass his Evade entirely.
- Debuff Shrugging
- Almost all of Mister Fantastic’s abilities are dependent on him building up Debuffs on the Opponent. He’ll struggle to do much if his Opponent shrugs off all of his Debuffs.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Physical and Energy Resistance increased by +900
- 5% chance to Evade for each non-Damaging Debuff on either Champion. Does not trigger during a Well-Timed Block.
- Attack Rating is increased by +184.04 for each Debuff on the Opponent
Developer’s Note: The Attack rating increase per Debuff is now more potent. Remember to apply Mister Fantastic’s pre-fight Debuffs for those sweet damage gains.
Prepared for Anything – Pre-Fight Ability
- Before the fight, choose up to 3 unique Debuffs to place on the Opponent at the start of the next fight. Each Debuff costs 1 Persistent Charge.
- Mister Fantastic starts each quest with 4 Persistent Charge(s), and can have up to 9. When Mister Fantastic finishes a fight, he gains 1 Persistent Charge for each unique Debuff on the Opponent.
- These Debuffs each last 15 second(s), and are refreshed when the Opponent is knocked down.
- The Debuffs are applied even if a different Champion enters the fight.
- Debuff potency scales with the rarity of Mister Fantastic. If different versions of a Debuff are applied, only the strongest one triggers.
Developer’s Note: Mister Fantastic now starts with twice as many Persistent Charges and his max number of charges has also increased. His Debuffs have also received increased duration, resulting in a significant boost to utility. More Debuffs, more often, and for longer!
Prepared for Anything – Pre-Fight Debuffs – Max: 3 Each
- Petrify the Opponent, reducing the effectiveness of their Regeneration and Power Gain effects by 35%.
- Suppress the Opponent, decreasing their Defensive Power Rate by 22%.
- Debuff Siphon the Opponent, increasing the potency of Damage over Time Debuffs on them by 22%, and reducing the potency of those effects on allies by the same amount. This does not affect abilities that trigger at the start of the fight.
Careful Study – Cross-Fight Ability
- When the Opponent has 3 copies of a Careful Study Debuff, they are combined into a Passive that lasts for the rest of the fight, and the next 5 fights the Opponent participates in.
- Careful Study Passives count as 3 Debuffs for Reed’s other abilities.
- Each Passive prevents future matching Careful Study Debuffs.
Opponent activates a Special Attack
- When the Opponent activates a Special Attack, place an indefinite Careful Study Debuff on them for that Special Attack.
- A Careful Study Debuff lowers the Attack Rating of each Hit in the Special Attack by 25%.
- If Mister Fantastic is struck by the last hit of an opponent’s Special Attack, place 1 additional copy of the Debuff.
- All copies of the Debuff are Purified when the Opponent activates a different Special Attack than the one that triggered the Debuff.
- On the last hit, pause Pre-Fight Debuffs for 3 second(s).
- If no Pre-Fight Debuffs were selected, Special Attacks are Unblockable.
Special 1 – Aggressive Hypothesis
- When this Attack is activated, 100% chance to place a Taunt Debuff and Stagger Debuff on the Opponent, each for 9 second(s).
- Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack Rating reduced by 40% and have a 70% higher chance to activate a Special Attack.
- This Taunt is removed when the Opponent activates any Special Attack.
- The next time a Staggered Opponent triggers a Buff, that Buff and all other Buffs triggered at the same time will be immediately Nullified.
Special 2 – Special Attack 2 – Rigorous Experimentation
- When this Attack is activated, re-trigger Mister Fantastic’s selected Pre-Fight Debuffs once each.
- The last hit Shocks the Opponent, dealing 1380.6 Energy Damage over 5 second(s).
Special 3 – Thinking with Portals
- If the Opponent has at least 1 Debuff, gain a Passive Fury for 20 second(s), increasing Attack Rating by 690.3 per Debuff on the Opponent.
Developer’s Note: Fury potency has been increased from 20% to 30%. You’ll have Debuffs to spare with all of those increases to Persistent Charges and Debuff duration. Now you can convert them into raw damage!
Signature Ability – The Smartest Man in the Battlerealm
- Mister Fantastic’s Offensive Power Rate is increased by 50% for each Careful Study Passive on the Opponent.
- Mister Fantastic gains an additional flat 20% chance to Evade any Unblockable attack. This increases by 3% every time the Opponent starts an Unblockable hit, capped at 50% for basic attacks.
- H.E.R.B.I.E. – Unique – 3 Star and up
- With Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman
- Other Synergy Members: If at or below 20% health at the start of the fight, heal 10% of Max Health over 6 second(s). Otherwise gain 60% of a Bar of Power over 6 second(s) instead.
- The Fantastic Four – Unique – 4 Star and up
- With Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman
- If all other Champions in this Synergy are present:
Thing: Whenever you would gain a Rock Stack, gain an additional one.
Human Torch: Incinerate and Nova Flame duration increased by 30%.
Invisible Woman: Invisibility only has a 15% chance to unpause during a Well-Timed Block.
Mister Fantastic: For each unique Debuff on the Opponent, they take 4% of Mister Fantastic’s current Attack Rating as Direct Damage per second.
- … Do Us Part – Unique – 3 Star and up
- With Invisible Woman
- Mister Fantastic: Debuffs last 25% longer.
- Council of Reeds – Unique – 3 Star and up
- With Mister Fantastic
- Mister Fantastic: Increase Attack Rating by 0%.
The potency of this synergy is increased by a flat 30% for each other Mister Fantastic on your team.
- College Rivals – Unique – 3 Star and up
- With Doctor Doom
- Mister Fantastic: Gain 5% of his Max Power each time a Buff is Nullified or its Duration expires off the Opponent.
Doctor Doom: Heavy Attacks apply up to 1 Armor Break Debuff for 10 second(s), reducing Armor Rating by 15%.
- SHARED KNOWLEDGE – ASTRONOMY – Unique – 2 Star and up
- With Groot, Angela, Masacre, Night Thrasher
- Cosmic and Skill Champion’s Basic Hits pause one of each Buff on them for 0.2 second(s).
- SHARED KNOWLEDGE – ROBOTICS – Unique – 2 Star and up
- With Sentry, She-Hulk, Vulture, Doctor Octopus
- Tech and Science Champion’s Debuffs also apply an indefinite Power Sting, dealing Direct Damage equal to 60% of their Attack Rating when the Opponent activates a Special Attack. The Power Sting stacks up to 3 times.
- SHARED KNOWLEDGE – GENETICS – Unique – 2 Star and up
- With Psylocke, Storm, Doctor Strange, Loki
- Mutant and Mystic Champions regain 5% of the Power spent on any Special Attack, for each unique Special Attack they’ve used in the fight.
- Mister Fantastic is able to stack up a lot of Debuffs on the Opponent, making it easy to leverage the Despair mastery and reduce the Opponent’s healing. His Careful Study Passives only count as Debuffs for his own abilities, so they won’t count for Despair, but his Pre-Fight Debuff will so any ally who uses Despair can also benefit.
- Mister Fantastic is able to significantly Weaken the Opponent’s Special Attacks using Careful Study. If you add the Weakness from Resonate on top of that, it’s possible to Weaken their Special Attacks even further, to the point where they deal barely any damage. The Weakness will also count for any of his abilities that are impacted by how many Debuffs are on the Opponent.