CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – NEBULA
MCoC Champion Spotlight – Nebula
Nebula has been updated in Marvel Contest of Champions! Learn more about her updates here:
Cybernetically enhanced at birth and trained to win at all costs, Nebula is one of the Mad Titan Thanos’ two adopted daughters and harbors a hatred of her sister, Gamora, after a personal bout left her broken and reeling. Now she has been brought back from the brink of death and seeks vengeance against Gamora, but her journey to exact justice on her sister may reveal more about herself than she expected…
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star★★★★★★(Rank 3, Level 45)||37708||3140||13469|
Character Class: Tech
Basic Abilities: Self Repair, Shock, Power Lock
Nebula’s primary focus revolves around her utilizing her electrically enhanced weapons to inflict Shock Debuffs and control her opponent’s ability to fight back. Amp Charges, Heavy Attacks and Special Attacks give her various ways to apply consistent Shock Debuffs and deal large amounts of Energy Damage. Special Attack 1 causes her to apply Power Lock and Power Drain Debuffs on her opponent allowing her to attack freely without worry of the opponent unleashing their own counter Special Attacks. Additionally, Amp Charges lower Robot opponent’s Ability Accuracy, disabling any defensive abilities they may have in their arsenal. To wrap it all up Nebula has Immunities to several Debuffs and her Self-Repair Regeneration effects make her a difficult target to take down.
- Robot Counter
- Stacking up Amp Charges allows Nebula to negate any defensive abilities Robot characters have available
- High Energy Damage
- Nebula has various ways to stack up Shock Debuffs and deal considerable Energy Damage
- Shock Immunity
- Characters with Shock Immunity will be completely immune to the bulk of Nebula’s damage
- Energy Resistance
- Characters with Energy Resistance can mitigate the damage of Nebula’s Shock Debuffs
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Advanced Robotics provides full Immunity to Bleed, Poison and Shock effects.
- Nebula begins each fight with 3 indefinite Self-Repair Charges. When she runs out, she will gain another after 10 seconds.
- Each time the opponent deals more than 110% of their Attack Rating in a single hit, Nebula will spend 1 charge to gain a Self-Repair Buff, recovering the damage dealt over 5 seconds. If Stunned while Self-Repair is active, it is lost.
- Self-Repair and its Charges are Immune to Ability Accuracy reductions.
- Unless otherwise stated, Nebula’s Shock Debuffs inflict 1096.65 Energy Damage over 6 seconds.
- While holding Block, Nebula builds up 1 Amp Charge every 0.65 seconds. Each time an Immunity prevents a Shock effect on Nebula, gain 5 Amp Charges. Max Stacks: 20.
- Each Amp Charge reduces the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 20% if they are a #Robot.
- Perform a Well-Timed Block: Convert all Amp Charges into Shock Debuffs on the opponent.
- 100% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff.
Developer’s Note: I try to Heavy Counter the opponent whenever I can to make sure her Signature Ability is on at all times and to juice out some extra damage while building my charges.
Special Attack 1 – Electric Encore
- 100% chance to inflict a Power Lock Debuff lasting 1 second per Shock Debuff on the opponent.
- 100% chance to inflict Power Drain, depleting 12% of a bar of Power per Shock Debuff on the opponent.
Special Attack 2 – Shock and Awe
- Nebula removes all personal Shock effects on the opponent. For each Shock removed this way, she inflicts 2 Shock Debuffs each dealing 1949.6 Energy Damage over 3 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Nebulas Tried and true HUGE damage Special 2 is still here, try to sneak in a few Heavy Attacks before you Parry to get some extra Shocks on conversion.
Special Attack 3 – Galaxy-Class Killer
- Nebula gains a Weapon Overcharge Passive lasting 25 seconds.
- While Active, Nebula has a 65% chance to gain an Amp Charge when making Contact with the Opponent.
- While active, any contact with the opponent has a 75% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff.
Developer’s Note: Her new ability to gain Amp charges while in the Weapon Overcharge is a great tool for racing up to that 20 charge Special 2s in those fights where blocking is a bit too scary.
Signature Ability – Firmware Refactoring
- While the opponent is suffering from at least 1 Shock Debuff, Nebula’s attacks gain +25% Combat Power Rate.
Developer’s Note: Extra power means more Special Attacks! Race to that Special 2 or Special 3 even faster!
SELF-REPAIRING SUFFICIENCY with Nimrod, Ultron (Prime), Hulkbuster, Guillotine 2099
- Nebula: Start the fight with 1 additional Self-Repair Charge. Self-Repair Recharges 25% faster when Charges run out.
SHOCK RECURSION with Storm (Classic), Guardian, Electro, Black Widow (Deadly Origin)
- Nebula: Gaining an Amp Charge Pauses all Shock Debuffs on the opponent for 0.2 seconds.
RIVALS with Gamora
- All Champions: +90 Critical Damage Rating.
NEMESIS with Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax
- All Champions: +6% Attack.
FAMILY with Thanos, Gamora
- All Champions: +6% Health.
- Reduces the opponents Attack Rating per Debuff
- Enhances Nebula’s Self-Repair amount