CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – NIGHT THRASHER
Night Thrasher enters The Contest December 6th at 10AM PST!
About Night Thrasher:
Genius weapons designer and masked vigilante skateboarder, Dwayne Taylor trained himself to peak human perfection before taking on the mantle of Night Thrasher. Forming the New Warriors, Taylor sought to take revenge on the criminal underworld that killed his parents. Night Thrasher was transported to the Battlerealm moments before an explosion claimed the lives of his teammates leaving many to presume him dead. Night Thrasher now fights alongside Earth’s mightiest heroes in the Contest of Champions.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Without Signature: 3755
- With Signature (99): 4672
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Without Signature: 7563
- With Signature (200): 10160
Character Class: Skill
Base Abilities: Cruelty, Lightning Arc, Disorient, Incinerate
- Night Thrasher’s advanced combat suit grants him immunity to Incinerate effects and 667 Physical Resistance.
- +83.3 Critical Damage Rating for each Unique Debuff on his opponent. This ability is not affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction
- Well Timed Blocks and successful Dodges grant 5% of max Power while Night Thrasher is under 1 Bar of Power.
Developer Note: Night Thrasher’s combat suit allows him to focus on the important aspects of battle and not worry about small nicks and burns. His damage increases considerably when the battle goes his way. Playing optimally, by fully utilizing Parry and dodging incoming attacks, allows him to retaliate at a faster pace than his opponents.
- Champions of the Contest never see the skateboard coming. Attacks using the skateboard have True Accuracy ignoring all Evade and Auto-Block effects.
Developer Note: Skateboard hits occur during Medium Attacks, Heavy Attacks, Special 1 and Special 2. Mastering when to use the skateboard is the key making the most out of Night Thrasher’s Abilities.
On Opponent Knockdown
- Refresh the duration of all active Gadget Debuffs.
Developer Note: Knockdowns occur after successfully landing a Heavy Attack, Special 1, or Special 2. Knowing when to knock down your opponent will be vital to Night Thrasher’s success. In situations without enough Power to knock the opponent down with a Special then plan to use Heavy Attacks after a successful Parry.
Special 1: Vengeance on a Skateboard – Night Thrasher blindsides his target with skateboard strikes to open them up for a trick gadget shot.
- Night Thrasher uses the Shock Baton to inflict Shock dealing 459.2 Energy Damage over 12 seconds.
- If this attack is activated after striking with a Light Attack, Night Thrasher instead uses the Smoke Capsule Gadget, inflicting Disorient. Disorient reduces Enemy Defensive Ability Accuracy by 50% and lowers the opponent’s Block Proficiency by 50% for 12 seconds.
- If this attack is activated after striking with a Medium Attack, Night Thrasher instead uses the Explosive Gadget inflicting Incinerate, removing Perfect Block Chance, decreasing the opponent’s Block Proficiency by 50% and dealing 459.2 Energy Damage over 12 seconds.
Developer Note: Utilizing all of the gadgets at Night Thrasher’s disposal is essential. Night Thrasher can execute one of three gadgets if Special 1 is used immediately after ending a combo with a Light or Medium Attack. Executing the shock baton is easier using of Heavy Attacks and Parry so be sure to find opportunities to bypass a turtling defender and nail them with a shock.
Special 2: Pavement to Pain – Night Thrasher launches his skateboard forward; jumps and catches the rebound for a quick boost off his enemy.
- Grant Night Thrasher a Precision Buff increasing Critical Rating by 223 for each Unique Debuff effect on the opponent for 10 seconds.
Developer Note: Use Special 2 to boost Night Thrasher’s Damage for a short period. The more debuffs on the opponent the deadlier this ability is.
Special 3: Skateboard Warrior – Night Thrasher feints his enemy on his skateboard, mixing up his enemy, and leverages his grappling hook for a devastating drop kick.
- Inflict a Passive Debilitate, extending the duration of all Debuffs by 75% for 45 seconds.
Signature Ability: Board to Death –
- Heavy Attacks have a 35% chance per active Gadget Debuff to inflict Taunt, reducing the opponent’s Attack by 40% and increasing their Special Attack Activation chance by 70% for 10 seconds.
- Striking a Taunted opponent with Skateboard Attacks grants a permanent Fury Buff, increasing Attack by 229. Max 10 stacks. When Knocked Down these Buffs are lost.
- After being Knocked Down Night Thrasher has a 50% chance to Purify all Debuffs.
Developer Note: Players can use Heavy Attacks to inflict a Taunt once the opponent has been peppered with enough of Night Thrasher’s gadgets. Maximizing Night Thrasher’s damage comes from taking advantage of his skateboard attacks while his opponent is Taunted. Players can also expect Night Thrasher to have a tough mental psyche with the ability shrug off Debuffs after being Knocked Down.
Midnight Pursuit – Unique Synergy
- Night Thrasher: Medium Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 50% of Base Attack as Direct Damage over 3 seconds. As the Moon waxes, the chance to Bleed on Medium Attacks is 100%.
- Punisher, Moon Knight: The duration of Bleeds are increased 40%.
Justice on Wheels – Unique Synergy
- Night Thrasher: Night Thrasher becomes Unstoppable when Dashing towards the enemy.
- Ghost Rider: The duration of Bleed, Fate Seal, and Damnation are increased by 40%.
Contest Teammates – Unique Synergy
- Night Thrasher: Critical Hits have a 50% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 70% of Attack as Direct Damage over 4.5 seconds.
- Guillotine: Each Soul grants an additional 100 Critical Rating.
Tactical Training – Unique Synergy
- Captain America (Infinity War), Cyclops (Blue Team), Star-Lord: Grants Synergy Partners a 50% chance to apply a Disorient Debuff for 3 seconds on a Well Timed Block
- Night Thrasher’s Critical Hits are boosted by his Special 2 but only for a temporary duration. Boosting his Critical Hit Rating gives him access to increased damage without relying on Special 2.
Inequity / Despair
- Throughout the fight, Night Thrasher will have inflicted Debuffs on his opponent. Inequity will allow Night Thrasher to survive for longer while applying his gadget Debuffs. Pick up Despair to shut down opponents that rely on Regenerative Health effects.
- Night Thrasher has added immunity against Incinerate attacks thanks to his custom-made armor.
- Night Thrasher’s Smoke Capsule gadget reduces the opponent’s ability to trigger defensive abilities allowing him to go on the offensive without much worry.
- A taunted opponent will be more likely to activate a Special Attack, allowing a skilled Night Thrasher to control the pace of a fight in his favor.
- Managing your Gadget Debuffs on your opponent is paramount. Mixing Heavies and Specials into your fighting style is key. This is a challenge that experienced players will want to contend with.
- Abilities targeting Night Thrasher’s power meter will significantly impact his ability to Debuff his opponent. If Night Thrasher can’t effectively Debuff his opponent his damage potential becomes limited.
- Champions that shrug off Debuffs will disrupt Night Thrasher’s playstyle and limit his damage potential.