CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT – THOR (RAGNAROK)
About THOR (RAGNAROK)
When an ancient evil, lurking for eons, is released from its shackles, the Asgardian God of Thunder is thrown into a whirlwind of chaos. Ripped from his familiar surroundings and stripped of his powers, Thor’s only hope is to summon the warrior within, and fight his way back against impossible odds. With his kingdom shattered and his people in dire need, Thor must discover what it means to be a true leader.
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
(Rank 3, Level 45)
Character Class: Skill
Basic Abilities: Stun, Armor Break, Shock
THOR (RAGNAROK)’s Mechanics
Thor Ragnarok excels at stacking Debuffs on the opponent to both disable and deal considerable damage to them. His Special 3 inflicts a Shock Debuff as well as grants him a Buff that gives a chance to inflict a Shock Debuff with each attack he lands. Each time a Shock Debuff is inflicted Thor also has an additional chance to inflict both Stun and Armor Break Debuffs to further his combos and damage. Inflicting a Stun Debuff while the opponent is suffering from an Armor Break Debuff will deal an additional massive burst of Physical Damage. Utilizing his Boon of the Gods Power Gain Buff to fire off Special Attacks frequently is the key to maximizing Thor’s damage.
- High Energy Damage
- Thor can inflict Shock Debuffs at a high rate to deal constant Energy Damage
- Great vs Armor stacking opponents
- Thor has many ways to inflict stacking Armor Break Debuffs to deal with any Armor Stacking opponents
- Power Lock/Power Burn effects
- Thor relies on his Boon of the Gods to gain power thus Power Lock and Power Burn like attacks are a great counter
- Characters that can shrug Thor’s Debuffs can mitigate a large chunk of his overall damage
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
Always Active – Shock Effects
- Incoming Shock effects suffer 90% duration.
- Each time Thor inflicts a Shock Debuff he has a 16% chance to also inflict a Stun Debuff lasting 2 seconds.
- Each time Thor inflicts a Shock Debuff he has a 45% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, removing an Armor Up Buff and reducing Armor Rating by 900 for 10 seconds.
Boon of the Gods
- Each time Thor gains 40 hits on his Combo Meter, or is struck 20 times he gains a Boon of the Gods Passive. Max: 2 stacks.
- Boon of the Gods fills Thor’s Power Meter over 6 seconds and is unaffected by Ability Accuracy reductions.
- If Thor is struck by a Special Attack, Boon of the Gods is removed.
Dev Notes: We’ve changed the Boon of the gods to count down now instead of counting up, so be careful when he gets close to 0!
When the Opponent Intercepts Thor’s Dash
- 30% chance to Auto-Block the attack. This Block is considered Well-Timed and can activate the Parry Mastery.
When an Attack Inflicts a Stun
- If the opponent has an Armor Break Debuff, the attack deals a burst of additional Physical Damage equal to 250% of the damage dealt by the attack.
Dev Notes: Spamming Special 1 will help you trigger this often for a TON of damage!
Special Attack 1: Fearsome Fighter
- 75% chance to inflict a 1.8 second Stun Debuff.
- If at a Combo Meter of 40+ chance is instead 100%.
Special Attack 2: The Warrior Within
- 100% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, removing 1 Armor Up Buff and reducing Armor Rating by 1400 for 16 seconds.
- This Armor Break Debuff is Paused while Boon of the Gods is active.
Special Attack 3: God of Thunder
- This attack cannot deal more than 20% of the opponent’s Max Health in damage. This damage cap is increased to 30% if the opponent is suffering from an Armor Break Debuff.
- 100% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff, causing 2599.2 Energy Damage over 10 seconds.
- 100% chance to gain a Thunder God’s Wrath Passive lasting 30 seconds which is unaffected by Ability Accuracy Reductions. While active, contact with the opponent has a 40% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff, causing 1949.4 Energy Damage over 5 seconds.
Signature Ability – Renewed Spark
- Thunder God’s Wrath is enhanced to provide +2118.4 Attack Rating.
- Additionally, each Shock Debuff on the opponent causes them to suffer -20% Ability Accuracy.
Dev Notes: Gain a TON of bonus damage with this new and improved sig ability!
NOT AFRAID OF DEATH with Hela
- Thor (Ragnarok): Heal 10% of Max Health each time an opponent is knocked out.
- Hela: Start each fight with 100 Spirit of the Dead Charges.
FRIEND FROM WORK with Hulk, Hulk (Ragnarok), Hulk (Immortal), Overseer
- Thor: +15% Attack Rating while Thunder God’s Wrath is active.
- Other Synergy Champions: When brought below 20% Max Health, gain an Indestructible Passive lasting 5 seconds.
LIKE OLD DAYS with Loki
- Thor (Ragnarok): When struck for the first time each fight, 100% chance to gain a Combo Shield Passive lasting 10 seconds.
- Loki: Ascendant Signature Ability is enhanced to provide Power Gain while below 2 bars of Power.
TEAMMATES with Black Widow (Deadly Origin), Vision (Age Of Ultron), Captain America (Infinity War),
Iron Man (Infinity War)
- All Champions: +5% Perfect Block Chance.
FAMILY with Odin
- All Champions: +6% Health.
- Helps to improve the duration of Thor’s various Stun effects
- Reduces Regeneration effects on opponents per Debuff