2020 Summoner Showdown Tournament Official Rules and Regulations
Please read these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”) before participating in the 2020 Summoner Showdown Tournament (“Tournament”). These Official Rules will apply, in addition to the Kabam Terms of Service available at https://kabam.com/terms-of-service/, to all stages of the Tournament. By participating in this Tournament, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility criteria set out below. THE TOURNAMENT IS A GAME OF SKILL AND WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED BASED ON THEIR SKILL. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. THIS TOURNAMENT IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY: ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, IRELAND, JAPAN, LUXEMBOURG, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SINGAPORE, SOUTH KOREA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, THAILAND, UKRAINE, THE UNITED KINGDOM AND THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING ALASKA AND HAWAII). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE FOREGOING COUNTRIES, NOT THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, OR IF YOU ARE OTHERWISE NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE BY LOCAL LAW.
1. Sponsor: The Tournament is sponsored by Kabam Games, Inc., 1118 Alberni Street, Vancouver BC, Canada V6E 1A5 (“Sponsor”). Sponsor will work with ReKTGlobal Inc., and other legal, production, promotion and advertising agencies (“Tournament Entities”) to administer the Tournament. The Tournament is not sponsored by these Tournament Entities. Sponsor will have primary responsibility for conducting the Tournament and enforcing these Official Rules for all participants. Marvel Entertainment, LLC (“Marvel”) is not a sponsor, administrator, or prize provider of the Tournament
2. Tournament Structure and Tournament Periods: The Tournament will take place in three regions – Americas, Europe and Russia, and Asia and Oceania – (each a “Region”) and in three stages – Qualifiers, Semi-Finals, and Finals – (each a “Stage”) as outlined in the tables below. Sponsor’s computer server will be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Tournament.
|Americas||Europe and Russia||Asia and Oceania|
Canada (excluding Quebec)
United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)
|Qualifiers||The Qualifiers are open to all players who meet the eligibility criteria below. This Stage will last three weeks and be broken up into three sessions (each a “Session”), with each Session lasting one week (i.e., the leaderboard will refresh for each new Session). One (1) potential winner will be selected each Session per Region based on the highest score on the leaderboard subject to the Scoring Parameters outlined below (i.e., a total of three (3) potential winners per Region, or nine (9) potential winners worldwide), to advance to the Semi-Finals.|| Session 1: 10:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 17, 2020 (“Start Date”) – 10:00 AM PT on August 24, 2020 |
Session 2: 10:00 AM PT on August 31, 2020 – 10:00 AM PT on September 7, 2020
Session 3: 10:00 AM PT on September 14, 2020 – 10:00 AM PT on September 21, 2020
(collectively, the “Qualifiers Period”)
|Semi-Finals||The Semi-Finals will consist of three (3) separate best-of-3 series in which the winners of the Qualifiers will compete against one another within each Region to see who the highest scoring player is in that Region. A single potential winner from each Region will advance to the Finals.||Individual fights (“Matches”) in each series will take place between September 21, 2020 – November 6, 2020 (“Semi-Finals Period”)|
|Finals||The Finals will consist of one (1) best-of-3 series in which the top player in each Region compete against each other to see who the ultimate highest scoring player is.||Matches will take place between November 2, 2020 – November 20, 2020 (“Finals Period”)|
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, reorder the schedule and/or change the dates for any of the Stages, Sessions, or Matches of the Tournament. However, if the Tournament schedule is so modified, Sponsor will inform all players at its earliest convenience. Specific air dates for the Semi-Finals and Finals will be provided by Sponsor in promotional materials.
Further details related to specific game play and competition in the Tournament, including any playing terms, may be provided in real time or right prior to the Qualifiers, Semi-Finals and Finals. If there is a discrepancy between those details and playing terms (“Playing Terms”) and what is provided in these Official Rules, the Playing Terms shall control and govern the players in that portion of the Tournament.
3. Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in the Tournament, a player must, as of the Start Date: (i) be above the age of majority in his or her place of residence; (ii) have downloaded Marvel Contest of Champions (the “Game”) on his or her device; (iii) have created an in-game username and be using such username for Tournament gameplay; (iv) be in good standing with respect to his or her account, with no undisclosed violations; (v) be Level 60 and “Cavalier” in the Game (i.e., have completed Act 6, Chapter 1 “Great Revival”); and (vi) be available, willing, and committed to participate in subsequent Stages of the Tournament if selected as a winner of the Qualifiers and Semi-Finals. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Marvel and/or the Tournament Entities and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related), and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Tournament, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent, and representative of Sponsor are not eligible to participate.
4. How to Participate:
a. During the Qualifiers Period, participants will have three (3) opportunities to participate in the Qualifiers. During each Session, participants will (i) open the Game and log into their Game accounts, and (ii) play the special temporary Tournament quest in which participants will use their own roster to compete in Matches. Please note that only 4-Star Champions are eligible to compete. Participants can only participate in the applicable Qualifiers for the Region that corresponds with their country of residence. Players will not be able to use consumables such as Boosts. If a player uses Boosts to give their Champions an advantage, their score will not be recorded. Any additional rules will be provided in the Playing Terms posted at the time of the Match. At the end of each Session, a potential winner will be selected, based on the scoring parameters outlined below. The leaderboard will be refreshed at the end of Sessions 1, 2, and 3. The leaderboard will be displayed on www.summonershowdown.com and will be updated every 24 hours. A participant is not eligible to be a potential winner more than once during the Qualifiers (i.e., a participant who is selected as a potential winner in Session 1 is not eligible to win in Sessions 2 or 3). The odds of winning the Qualifiers depend on the total number of participants each week and the skill of the participants.
Scoring parameters and Tie Breakers:
- Successfully beating the opponent
- Hits Received (i.e., if more than one player defeats the opponent, the player with less hits will advance)
- Fight Duration (i.e., if more than one player defeats the opponent, and they also have the same number of hits received, the player with the shorter fight duration will advance)
- Damage per Second: Total damage the Attacker dealt to the Defender (Boss), divided by the duration of the fight in seconds.
Scoring Parameters and Tie Breakers if no player defeats the opponent:
- Opponent’s Health Percentage (i.e., the player who put more damage to the opponent will advance); then
- Hits Received (i.e., if more than one player loses and their opponent’s health percentage is the same, the player with less hits received will advance); and, finally,
- Fight Duration (i.e., if more than one player loses, their opponent’s health percentage is the same, and they also received the same number of hits, the player who had the longer fight duration will advance).
- Damage per Second: Total damage the Attacker dealt to the Defender (Boss), divided by the duration of the fight in seconds.
Potential winners of the Qualifiers must agree to participate in the remaining Stages of the Tournament, in order to be declared winners. Participants may, at this Stage, be asked to enter into separate Participation Agreements (as defined below).
b. Winners of the Qualifiers will work with Sponsor and the Tournament Entities to shoot Tournament Content (as defined below) for the Semi-Finals during the Semi-Finals Period. The Semi-Finals will consist of three (3) separate best-of-3 series in which the 3 winners of the Qualifiers in each Region will compete against one another to see who the highest scoring player is in that Region. These Matches will take place on a separate server and players must use the roster given to them. Any additional rules will be provided in the Playing Terms posted at the time of the Match. A single potential winner from each Region will advance to the Finals, based on the scoring parameters outlined above. The odds of winning depend on the skill of the participants. Participants may, at this Stage, be asked to enter into separate Participation Agreements (as defined below).
c. Winners of the Semi-Finals will work with Sponsor and the Tournament Entities to shoot Tournament Content for the Finals during the Finals Period. The Finals will consist of one (1) best-of-3 series in which the top player in each Region compete against each other to see who the ultimate winner of the Tournament is. These Matches will take place on a separate server and players must use the roster given to them. Any additional rules will be provided in the Playing Terms posted at the time of the Match. A single potential Tournament winner will be selected, based on the scoring parameters outlined above. The odds of winning depend on the skill of the participants.
5. Participation Agreements: By participating in the Tournament, participants acknowledge and understand that they may, at various Stages, be asked to enter into separate agreements (“Participation Agreements”) with Sponsor, which will confirm the details of their participation and provide an explanation of any additional terms applicable to their participation, including an explanation of any details related to the prizes, warranties, waivers or rights that they have. In the event a potential winner does not complete and return any required documents, including any Participation Agreements, Sponsor will select the next highest scoring participant in the relevant Session and/or Match of the Tournament as an alternate potential winner.
6. Prizes: The following prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) will be awarded to each winner at each Stage, as applicable, based on his or her placement in the Tournament. During each Stage of the Tournament, only the highest scoring players in each Session and/or Match as determined by Sponsor and described above will be eligible to receive Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize or any portion of the Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
a. Each potential winner of the Qualifiers will be eligible to receive one (1) Prize pack consisting of:
- 1x Summoner Showdown T-shirt
- 1x 6-Star Champion of the player’s choice (Please note that the Champion must exist as a 6-Star rarity, be player ownable, and in the Basic 6-Star Pool as of the start of the Finals Period. See here for a list of available Champions.)
- 1x 6-Star Generic Rank Up Gem (Rank 1 to Rank 2)
- 1x iPhone SE
- 1x Aputure MC RGBWW LED Light
- 1x Manfrotto 1051 BAC Black Aluminium Air Cushioned Mini Compact Stand
- 1x WindTech CM-14 Photo Hot Shoe to ¼”-20 Male Adapter
- 1x Smartphone Aluminium Clamp Tripod Mount with Cold Shoe
- 1x RodeLink LAV (wired for TRRS)
- 1x Rode SC1 TRRS Extension Cable
- 1x RODE SC6-L Mobile Interface for iOS Devices and Compatible Microphone
(collectively, the “Qualifiers Prize”). The total approximate aggregate retail value (“ARV”) of the Qualifiers Prize is $1500.00 USD. Actual retail value of the Qualifiers Prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Please note that items (iv) through (xi) constitute gear that will be used to shoot content for the Semi-Finals and Finals (“Gear”). Each participant who receives Gear in order to participate in the Semi-Finals and Finals will be financially responsible for the full and total cost of the Gear ($1500.00 USD) in the event the participant does not complete either the required filming or the Tournament.
b. Each potential winner of the Semi-Finals will be eligible to receive one (1) Prize consisting of:
- 1x 6-Star Generic Awakening Gem
- 40x Generic 6-Star Signature Stones
- “Fantastic Finalist” in-game title
(collectively, the “Semi-Finals Prize”). The total approximate aggregate retail value (“ARV”) of the Semi-Finals Prize is $0 USD. Actual retail value of the Semi-Finals Prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV.
c. The potential winner of the Finals will be eligible to receive one (1) Prize consisting of:
- 1x 6-Star Generic Rank Up Gem (Rank 2 to Rank 3)
- 1x 6-Star Generic Max Signature Stone (allows player to max the Signature Ability of any Champion they have awakened)
- “Ultimate World Summoner” in-game title
- 1x Summoner Showdown Trophy
(collectively, the “Finals Prize”). The total approximate aggregate retail value (“ARV”) of the Finals Prize is $5000.00 USD. Actual retail value of the Finals Prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV.
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the Prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Additional prize terms may be provided in the Participation Agreements. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize or any portion of the Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual Prizes may differ from any promotional images. Prizes are subject to applicable federal, state, and local income tax and it is the responsibility of each winner to check with his or her local tax advisor to determine which taxes apply to him or her and pay such taxes to the appropriate tax authority. Prize income and tax withholding will be reported on forms 1099-MISC for US residents and 1042 for non-US residents, and any other relevant tax forms as may be required by applicable law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: At the close of each week of the Qualifiers, Sponsor will verify the leaderboard and determine the potential winners. Potential winners of the Qualifiers will be contacted via their Game account (i.e., in-Game message) on or about the following dates: Week 1 potential winners will be notified on or about August 25, 2020; Week 2 potential winners will be notified on or about September 8, 2020; and Week 3 potential winners will be notified on or about September 22, 2020. Upon formal notification from Sponsor, the potential winners shall have twenty-four (24) hours from the date such notification was sent to respond. Contact from Sponsor does not mean that a participant has been selected as a winner. Potential winners will be asked to fill out a survey with essential information required to advance. The failure by such potential winners to timely respond to any notification may result in such potential winner’s inability to win any Prizes in connection with the Tournament and advance to the next Stage of the Tournament. In such cases, Sponsor will select the next highest scorer from among participants in the relevant week of the Qualifiers. The potential winners may be sent documents, including declarations of eligibility and liability / intellectual property / publicity release and Participation Agreements (“Tournament Documents”). Unless prohibited by law, the potential winners will be required to complete and return the Tournament Documents within twenty-four (24) hours of the date the Tournament Documents are sent. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not meet the eligibility requirements; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on and return the Tournament Documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot or will not accept or receive the Prize for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner and the next highest scoring participant in the relevant Stage of the Tournament may be selected as an alternate potential winner.
As noted above, all participants must be available, willing and committed to participate in subsequent Stages of the Tournament. Winners of the Qualifiers will work with Sponsor and the Tournament Entities to film episodes and promotional content, as further described in Tournament Documents (“Tournament Content”) for the Semi-Finals during the Semi-Finals Period. Winners of the Semi-Finals will work with Sponsor and the Tournament Entities to shoot Tournament Content for the Finals during the Finals Period. Participants understand that Sponsor alone owns all right, title and interest in the Tournament Content.
8. Ownership: The Game and Tournament contain content, features and functionality including, without limitation, animation, digital content, artwork and recorded music and voices, information, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, including any Tournament Content (collectively, the “Tournament Intellectual Property”). Participants acknowledge and agree that the Tournament Intellectual Property (i) is the exclusive property of Sponsor, Marvel, and/or the Tournament Entities, (ii) is protected by applicable copyright, trademark, patent, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights law, and (iii) may not be reverse engineered, copied, distributed or exploited in any way beyond what is allowed during lawful Game play. Any unauthorized use of Tournament Intellectual Property may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable regulations and statutes.
9. License: By participating in the Tournament, each participant grants Sponsor and Marvel the right, without limitation, to use the Tournament Content and the participant’s name, Game account name, city, state, likeness, photo, video, and/or other content produced in connection with the Tournament (“Participant Content”) for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, and to display the Participant Content and/or Tournament Content in perpetuity, throughout the universe, and in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Participants further agree to grant to Sponsor and Marvel a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce, edit, and use the Participant Content and/or Tournament Content for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, sub-license, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works, or otherwise exploit the Participant Content and/or Tournament Content for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the participant. If requested, participant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or their designees to make use of the rights participant is granting to Sponsor and Marvel, and participant understands that this right may also be provided for in the Participation Agreements. For the avoidance of doubt, participants agree that participants agree that the all of the foregoing rights shall be granted without compensation.
11. General Conditions: By participating in the Tournament, participants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Tournament, including any Playing Terms provided during the course of the Tournament. PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE NOT COMPLIED WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR THE PLAYING TERMS ARE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION. Neither Sponsor nor the Tournament Entities are responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected mutilated, garbled, incomplete, undelivered, or inaccurate submissions. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant in the Tournament or entitlement to a Prize if, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices. ADDITIONALLY, PLAYERS FOUND CHEATING MAY BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THE GAME AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Game account. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of a participant, entry into the Tournament will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Game account. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address, by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. The Tournament is subject to all applicable rules and regulations.
12. Indemnification: By participating in the Tournament, participants agree: (a) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Marvel and the Tournament Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agent (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties, and expenses arising out of or related to any statement, action, or failure to act by participant during or in connection with his or her participation in the Tournament and/or any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules, or Playing Terms, or of any other documents required by Sponsor; and (b) not to sue and to hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, discharge, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims, and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which participant (or participant’s successors-in-interest, heirs, and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to personal injury (including death) and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) participation in the Tournament or any Tournament related activity, (ii) the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a Prize, (iii) the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the Participant Content, (iv) any malfunction or other problem with any Tournament or Game website, webpage, or mobile application, (v) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, and (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering, or announcement of any prize.
13. Limitation of Liability: RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANT, PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERRORS IN THE OFFICIAL RULES, ANY PLAYING TERMS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE TOURNAMENT; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE TOURNAMENT; (4) PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, COMPUTER, NETWORK OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE TOURNAMENT, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY TOURNAMENT-RELATED MATERIALS; (5) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, INACCESSIBLE, CORRUPTED, DAMAGED, DELETED, OR STOLEN ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS TOURNAMENT, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. Termination, Suspension, or Modification of Tournament: If for any reason this Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment, or proper conduct of the Tournament, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, suspend, or modify the Tournament. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit a participant from participating in the Tournament or winning a Prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if in Sponsor’s sole discretion Sponsor determines that said participant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE TOURNAMENT MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
15. Dispute Resolution and Agreement to Arbitrate: Subject to applicable law, by participating in the Tournament, each participant agrees that disputes will be resolved as follows: ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT RELATE TO THE TOURNAMENT OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL FIRST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE OTHER PARTY AND WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. The receiving party shall have sixty (60) days from the date of such notice to remedy the described breach or violation and notify the complaining party in writing of the resolution. If the dispute, claim, or demand is not resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant within sixty (60) days, the complainant may request an informal resolution conference (mediation), which if agreed to by the other party will be scheduled to occur within twenty-one (21) days of the written response. Each Party shall have the right to be represented at such a conference by counsel and will ensure that a decision-maker with full and complete authority to resolve the dispute attends the conference. Such conference will be in front of a third party mediator chosen by the parties. If the parties do not agree to conference or are unable to resolve a dispute after such a conference, the parties agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Tournament or these Official Rules will be decided by binding arbitration. ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES, OF WHATSOEVER KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (AAA) FOR BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER ITS APPLICABLE RULES THEN IN EFFECT, BEFORE ONE ARBITRATOR TO BE MUTUALLY AGREED UPON BY BOTH PARTIES IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
16. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Tournament, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the Province of British Columbia, without regard to its conflict of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of British Columbia.
17. Winners List: For a complete list of Prize recipients, please visit Sponsor’s website at www.summonershowdown.com no later than December 1, 2020.
®/™ Trademarks © Kabam, Inc., 2020. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners.
6-Star Champions available for the 9 Summoners who Advance to the Semi-Finals in the 2020 Summoner Showdown Tournament:
- Agent Venom
- Black Bolt
- Black Panther
- Black Panther (Civil War)
- Black Widow (Claire Voyant)
- Black Widow (Deadly Origin)
- Captain America
- Captain America (Infinity War)
- Captain America (WWII)
- Captain Marvel
- Captain Marvel (Classic)
- Civil Warrior
- Corvus Glaive
- Cull Obsidian
- Cyclops (Blue Team)
- Cyclops (New Xavier School)
- Daredevil (Classic)
- Deadpool (X-Force)
- Doctor Doom
- Doctor Octopus
- Doctor Strange
- Ebony Maw
- Elsa Bloodstone
- Emma Frost
- Green Goblin
- Guillotine 2099
- Howard the Duck
- Hulk (Ragnarok)
- Human Torch
- Invisible Woman
- Iron Fist
- Iron Man
- Iron Man (Infinity War)
- Iron Patriot
- Joe Fixit
- King Groot
- Luke Cage
- Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
- Mister Fantastic
- Mister Sinister
- Mole Man
- Moon Knight
- Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
- Nick Fury
- Night Thrasher
- Old Man Logan
- Omega Red
- Proxima Midnight
- Punisher 2099
- Red Guardian
- Red Hulk
- Red Skull
- Rocket Raccoon
- Silver Surfer
- Sorcerer Supreme
- Spider-Man (Classic)
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
- Spider-Man (Symbiote)
- Squirrel Girl
- Storm (Pyramid X)
- Superior Iron Man
- Symbiote Supreme
- The Champion
- The Hood
- Thor (Jane Foster)
- Thor (Ragnarok)
- Venom the Duck
- Vision (Aarkus)
- Winter Soldier
- Wolverine (X-23)