v21.0 RELEASE NOTES
v21.0 will be available on November 7th! Read on to learn about this exciting update!
BRAWL IN THE BATTLEREALM
It’s a royal rumble without compare in The Contest when the Grandmaster suddenly re-emerges and invites any and all contenders to take on his mightiest fighter in single combat. Amidst the showmanship and boasting, the Collector reveals himself to the Summoner and Heroes with a warning: As is often the case with the Greatest Gamesman, all is not as it seems with his challenge. Finding themselves once more warily allied with the Collector, the Elder regales them with a story of how this threatening brawler came to be. Together, they seek a single fighter capable of assisting the Summoner in trouncing the Grandmaster’s gladiator: The original victor of THE CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS.
It’s a no-holds barred beatdown when ÆGON and THE CHAMPION square off in BRAWL IN THE BATTLEREALM!
THE CHAMPION’S CLASH
Come one, come all. In this new and totally original (and not stolen) Quest designed by one of the smartest minds in The Contest: The Champion! Battle your way through this gauntlet style quest where you’ll fight paths of 5 foes and fight the ultimate competitor at the end. None other than The Champion! Each path ups the challenge. This quest also features branding and publicity from one of the most popular talents in The Battlerealm. Who you might ask? The Champion of course!
Take a swing through this variation of the regular Champion Challenge featuring the new EPIC difficulty, which requires Summoners to fight the gauntlet from start to finish.
BACK ISSUES #1 – ULTRON’S ASSAULT
Take a trip back in time and relive one of The Contest’s earliest stories in this first edition of BACK ISSUES! Ultron and his drones have mobilized, and have begun to transform The Battlerealm into a mechanical wasteland to purge all organic life. At the Collector’s behest, you must team up with the Avengers and put a stop to his maniacal plan! BACK ISSUES will allow you to experience classic quests in one of two types: CLASSIC and VARIANT. CLASSIC will be an experience largely unchanged from the quest in its original format, while VARIANT will be locked to level 40 and up, built for only the mightiest Summoners!
Dungeons resume November 19th with new features and improvements:
- Friend Progression – Complete Dungeon Rooms with friends or Alliance members to increase your Friendship Levels and earn Friendship Bonus Rewards!
– Additionally, complete rooms via Matchmaking to earn a Matchmaking Bonus Reward!
- Rematch – Summoners now have the ability to return to the Dungeon Lobby with the same partner after concluding a Dungeon.
- Point Multiplier – Summoners can redeem a Boost to increase the Dungeon Points they get through each run.
- Clearer Reward Tiers – Moving away from hidden Prestige Ratings by implementing a system where Reward Tiers and Milestones are based on having the necessary number of Champions of a certain Star Rating.
Summoners now have the ability to customize their Profile Pic!
- Set your Profile Pic to be any Champion that you own.
- You can buy new Premium Profile Pics from the Store, which feature the heroic weapons, unique items and characters of The Contest.
- You can continue to demonstrate your strength by using your Profile Pic to display your top Champion!
STORY MODE PROGRESSION
To acknowledge the Summoners of The Contest who have progressed through our epic stories, we are adding new Titles for those who are able to complete Act 2, Act 3, and Act 4.
Summoners who have already achieved these goals will be granted their Titles near the end of the month. Like becoming Uncollected, these Titles grant their bearers improved Daily and 4-Hour Crystals. Watch for the titles and new Crystals in game in the coming weeks.
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Updated HUD responsiveness when switching between stances.
- Fixed an issue where Ghost Rider was able to have Permanent Life Steal when affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction.
- Fixed an issue where multiple stacks of Coldsnap will all expire when the first expires
- Now has a separate icon for his Reverberation Cooldown.
- Fixed Killmonger’s Indestructible Charges to correctly interact with Ability Accuracy.
- Fixed an issue where Autoblock was not consuming 3 Fury Buffs on activation
- Will now gain power when affected by another Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration.
- Resolved issue where Sentinel’s Signature was not increasing in potency on some Android Devices.
- Fixed an issue where Venom was not immune to Power Burn and Power Drain.
- Fixed an issue where Venom’s Klyntar Buff was not inhibiting evades.
- Fixed an issue where the Wisdom Mastery was not increasing the amount of Experience gained from moving over a node in Quests
OTHER FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- The Wisdom Mastery will now correctly give its flat bonus XP for each Quest Tile that gives XP when travelled over.
- Improved an issue with the animation of Jump-Kick Medium 2 Attacks that Champions like Spider-Man share.
- Fixed an issue where Requesting Help in Arena, then entering a Dungeon, would require Help to be requested for those Champions again
- Fixed an issue where Champions selected for Dungeons would change after a disconnection
- Fixed an issue where Alliance Quest exploration percentages were not displaying correctly
- Fixed an issue where Defenders in Alliance Wars are not correctly displaying their PI
- Fixed an issue where some devices would receive a notification that the game has stopped working when not in-game