V31.1 RELEASE NOTES
A Dark ritual revives an ancient weapon within The Battlerealm.
A mysterious note has found its way to the Summoner drawing them towards the Forbidden Territories alongside a few uncertain friends. It seems an ancient ritual has brought about La Fleur du Mal as well as its wielders.
Will you put aside differences and forget the past to work together in the present?
Alternate Reality versions of familiar Champions enter the Contest!
Freed from the confines of the iron maiden, Queen Haasen returns! Purgatory is a twisted, demonic creature, from an alternate timeline where Morningstar was finally able to defeat Guillotine and steal her sword back. With the blade back in her hands, the demonic presence within it overwhelmed Queen Haasen and convinced her to slay Guillotine. Doing so corrupted both her body and soul, transforming her into Purgatory and sending her on a bloodthirsty rampage unlike any seen in a millennium.
A younger version of Maestro from an alternate reality that is equal in every way, except he still maintains his sanity. The Overseer has just started his conquering career and while he isn’t villainous, he’s not quite noble either. He uses Captain America’s shield for defense, and the Silver Surfer board as a giant cleaver, but his most powerful weapon is a copy of the Infinity Gauntlet that holds the Cosmic Cube, which he uses to travel across The Battlerealm looking for conquest.
Langurian Castle Rifts
An alternate universe Queen Haasen has come to reclaim her throne, so now YOU must venture into her Castle in Languria and fight the tortured souls of her victims and her nefarious allies. Explore different floors of the castle each week delving deeper and deeper into the castle’s twisting passages.
Each week, a new floor of Queen’s Haasen’s castle will be available for Summoners to explore in the form of a new Quest. Each quest can be run 7 times per difficulty and will give players a Randomized Path with a reward.
Want something specific? Complete special Solo Objectives to receive a Castle Skeleton Key. Castle Skeleton Keys unlock a special portal that allows you to decide which Path and Reward you’d like to take. But use them wisely! You can only obtain 4 Castle Skeleton keys!
The Grandmaster’s Gauntlet
For those Summoners that have climbed every mountain, and have no more peaks to conquer, the Grandmaster has a challenge for you!
The Grandmaster’s Gauntlet is a brand new Quest with 20 fights you must face one after the other before facing down the threatening Nameless boss that resides at the end!
These fights are meant to test even the strongest of Summoners, with plenty of Rank 3 6-Stars at their disposal. A diverse team capable of handling a wide variety of challenges and enemy abilities will serve you well if you wish to master the Gauntlet. The Grandmaster eagerly awaits your attempts.
The Grandmaster’s Gauntlet is a limited-time quest that will be available until June 23rd! If you’re not able to complete it yet, the Grandmaster will return to issue his Challenge again in the future, and your progress will be kept. This means he will not allow those that have already completed it to try again!
The Summer of Pain Begins!
Starting later this June, a new single-fight quest will be available every week for 9 weeks! These ultra fights will put you and your team to the test.
Each fight will only be available for 1 week, and completing a fight earns you points towards some very rare and powerful rewards!
We’ll start you out easy. The First 3 fights will be a warm up before additional challenges are added to the following weeks.
Then, prepare for a special Finale! The final fight will mix it up a little bit to keep you all on your toes!
Alliance War Attack Tactics
Alliance War Attack and Defense Tactics are being separated. Alliance Leadership per Battlegroup will still choose Defense Tactics, but individual players can now select Buffs for the Attack Phase when selecting their Attack Team. Attack Tactics will be available in Hard, Challenger and Expert maps, while Defense Tactics will remain in Challenger and Expert.
Alliance Quest Enlistment Flow and UI Rework
Enlisting in Alliance Quests has never been more convenient! With this update we are adding a 24 hours setup period that will allow Alliance leadership to configure all 5 days of the event with the maps and modifiers they choose. This dedicated setup period allows Officers to coordinate and strategize with their Alliances before the actual Alliance Quest starts. We are also introducing some UI improvements to better showcase rewards.
Store UI Improvements
- Class Catalyst and Class Catalyst Fragment Selectors now display the amount of Fragments/Catalysts you own.
- Store items now indicate the amount of related currency you own.
Check out the Champion Spotlights of these newly updated Champions for more information!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Sorcerer Supreme – Fixed an issue where Power Steal was not correctly interacting with Siphoning Strength Buff Node
- Doctor Strange: Fixed an issue where Regeneration was not correctly interacting with Occult Equilibrium Buff Node
- Mister Sinister: Fixed issue where audio would not play when performing a Special Attack 1.
- Professor X: Updated info page to specify that both “#Psychic Shielding and Tech Champions” will shut off his abilities.
- Hyperion: – Updated Special Attack 1 and Special Attack 2 to ensure they are correctly acting as Physical/Energy and Contact/Non-Contact attacks.
- Thor (Ragnarok): – Updated Signature Ability info page to specify that only shock debuffs reduce Ability Accuracy.
- “Restored” HUD Callout: Changed the HUD callout to say “Purified” instead of “Restored”.
- Thor (Ragnarok): Updated Ability Accuracy Reduction to be a passive. Archangel’s Ability Accuracy can no longer be affected by this as he is immune.
- Thor (Ragnarok): Fixed issue where Falcon’s Recon Scan could reduce the Ability Accuracy of Thor (Ragnarok)’s “Boon of the Gods”.
- Professor X: Fixed issue where the Drug M Synergy Mental Barrier was not removed correctly during the Special Attack 3 causing reduced damage even though the Barrier was destroyed.
- Doctor Octopus: Updated the Info page to include the missing Chemistry Breakthrough.
- Vital Strikes Buff Node: Fixed issue where no damage numbers would show if the Defender was suffering from Heal Reversal and Attacked into the Attacker’s block.
- Black Widow (Deadly Origin): Fixed issue where occasionally the fourth hit of her Special Attack 2 would whiff if the opponent was backed against the wall.
- Civil Warrior: Updated Ability Accuracy reduction to be a Passive.
- Dragon Man: Updated info page to specify the max cornered damage increase is 105%.
- Arrogance Buff Node: Removed the Falter HUD Icon with no functionality that appeared on fight start.
- Tigra: Fixed issue where Special Attack 3 did not apply a Neutralize.
- Crit Me With Your Best Shot Buff Node: Fixed issue where occasionally a Champion could obtain max power in 1 hit.