v32.0 Release Notes
Amidst the chaos, Captain Marvel locates America Chavez, who explains that the portals are the result of her unexpected arrival in The Battlerealm. Attempting to contain the carnage of these new Champions, the trio encounters none other than Hercules, who was sucked in by one of America’s stray star portals.
Together (with the unexpected aid of Howard the Duck), these heroes must uncover the secret behind this sudden arrival, and uncover the terrible truth behind The Battlerealm’s origins! Will our heroes survive the onslaught of new opponents? What did America Chavez see beyond the walls of The Battlerealm? What darkness awaits the future of The Battlerealm? Find out this month in the brand new Event Quest, Starfall!
Two Champions Crash into the Battlerealm!
America Chavez was born in an alternate dimension outside of time and space, the Utopian Parallel. Being a Dimension in close proximity to the Demiurge, America Chavez absorbed powerful mystical energies which granted her the ability to willfully travel through alternate Dimensions. This new Mystic Brawler is ready to make a name for herself in the Contest of Champions!
The Summoner’s Choice Champion has arrived! Born in Ancient Greece, Hercules is a demigod born to Zeus – the king of Olympian Gods – and Alcmena, a woman of Thebes. As an infant Hercules was cared for by his stepmother Hera, Queen of the Olympian Gods, and bestowed with her blessings. These blessings further elevated his demigod physiology to near Godlike heights, providing him with immense strength, stamina, immortality, and near invulnerability.
Assault on Olympus
Hercules needs your help in preparing for the ultimate assault. Collect a Club of Hephaestus each day by logging in and use it to TRAIN or RECRUIT. The train Quest offers upgrade materials to improve your roster and the recruit Quest offers shards and crystals for the chance at new Champions.
The biggest tournament in Marvel Contest of Champions is back and you may be eligible to participate! Mark your calendars for July 12th, 10 AM PDT to August 2nd, 10 AM PDT and get ready to SHOWDOWN. All Summoners can participate in this event but only the most powerful and talented Summoners shall prevail!
To compete for a spot in the Semi-Finals, you must meet the following criteria:
• Compete in the Gold Summoner Showdown Qualifier
• Be Level 60
• Be Thronebreaker (Completed Act 6, Chapter 4 and own at least 1x 6-Star Rank 3 Champion)
• Must not use Boosts, Revives, or Potions to defeat the Boss
• Must reside within the eligible regions of the Summoner Showdown Tournament
For more information, please visit summonershowdown.com for the full details on Summoner Showdown 2021.
The Summer of Pain Continues!
4 More Quests will be unlocked throughout the Month! Each with extra difficult Objectives available to Thronebreaker Summoners to test your skill and the depth of your Roster!
Ronin, Diablo and Bishop have been updated! Check out their Champion Spotlights for all the details!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- The full Signature Ability description of a Champion will now be visible before a Champion is Awakened.
- Jubilee: Fixed an issue where Heavy Attacks would whiff when thrown consecutively.
- Diablo: Base set damage has been changed to energy damage instead of a mix between energy and physical.
- Hulk (Immortal): Updated info page to specify that 15% gamma is required to trigger Immortality.
- Old Man Logan: Updated Old Man Logan’s Special Attack 3 Armor Penetration to be more consistent with how we calculate this for other champions and added this information to his info page.
- Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan): Fixed issue during Special Attack 3 where her arm would not be visible.
- Vulture: Updated the Special 1 and Special 2 Attack’s Power Drain to interact with other buffs and Champion abilities within The Contest.
- Kingpin: Updated the HUD icon for the Overpower Buff so it will not be confused with a Fury Buff.
- XL Champions: Fixed issue where the legs would cause visual clipping during the run-in animation.
- Mister Negative: Fixed issue where the Dexterity Buff would occasionally not trigger.
- Annihilus: Updated info page to specify that his obliterating strikes purify incoming stun debuffs and is not an immunity.
- Purgatory: Fixed issue where the victory screen would take 20 seconds to appear instead of the usual 3.
- Special Chaos Inversion Buff: Updated HUD icon to display the reverse controls icon.
- Ant-Man: Fixed issue where the opponent could block after being hit by the first hit of Ant Man’s Special 1 Attack.
- The Gloves Are Off Buff: Fixed issue where the Increased chance to trigger a Fury would not exceed a 45% increase.
- The Overseer – Space Surfers Synergy: Updated info page to specify that the Precision obtained is a buff.
- The Overseer: Updated the Auto Block pause description to better specify the functionality of this ability.
- Mangog: Fixed an issue where the Special 3 Attack would not blackout the entire screen as a defender in Oscorp Lab.
- Smorgasbord Buff Node: Fixed issue where Platinumpool was unable to be Armor broken after Medusa used her Special Attack 3.
- Kinetic Brewing Buff Node: Due to the Diablo update, this Buff Node is no longer compatible with Diablo’s kit. Therefore, this Buff Node is being removed.
- Yondu: Updated the info page to include a missing line: “The strength and precision of Yondu’s Yaka Arrows allow it to trigger Critical Hits and Abilities through an enemy block”